Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anybody ever managed to sell a phone on ebay?
  • duckman

Three times I have put my Wife’s iphone on a buy it now with best offer, decent number of feedbacks makes a suitable offer and then vanishes once it is accepted. Does ebay still do the whole three strikes rule?

Lifer
    Free Member

Yup sold a Google Nexus One for £40 more than Mazooma(sp?) offered. No problems at all.

superstu
    Free Member

My wife sold her HTC a month back – perfect working order (she was using it until the day it was posted) and then got a message from the buyer saying it would not charge and ‘something would need to be done to rectify this’. After politely stating it was fine but that it could be posted back to us the buyer came back saying that she would begrudgingly accept it (but didn’t leave any feedback).

Seems a real pain in the ****, not sure i’d bother again, much easier with ernvirophone or mazuma. Wife also got bombarded with loads of messages offering to buy it now and whether we could post overseas despite the item description stating we wouldn’t do either

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. £180 for an iPhone 3g a few years ago, on an auction starting at 99p. No problem.

andymc06
    Free Member

Sold my Iphone 4S for £350 a few months back. No problems at all. It’s no different to selling anything else on ebay. You always get planks taking the Michael!!

peterfile
    Free Member

duckman, what is o2recycle and envirofone offering?

I have been continually surprised by how much they are prepared to give me for old phones.

Same cash you could expect on ebay, but FAR better experience!

duckman

Sod it, I may put it on an auction. As handy as it can be to find ANYTHING you want to buy, I hate selling on ebay with a passion.

Edit, good point P-F I will have a look.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Just sold a comprehensively water damaged (dropped in a swimming pool) but very modern phone (Nexus 4) on ebay for £50.

Various people bid for it, the one who bid most paid straight away. Assuming they receive it in the post, then it should be okay.

Listing mentioned about 20 times that it was broken, to save time-wasters. I suspect it is worth £50 to the buyer to split it for the parts that aren’t damaged (fancy glass back, brand new spare battery), and a gamble on the parts that appear to be working (screen).

Had one buy it now question, but no other hassle. If you get stupid can you post it abroad questions, you can just ignore them.

I don’t know about anyone else, but as a buyer I hate best offer – it always seems like people who enable it pretty much want 99% of the buy it now price, so why the heck put it on there. Just start it at 99p, and put it on to end on a Sunday afternoon/evening. There are enough people on ebay that you’re not going to get missed and sell it for a fiver, and more people bid on things that start at 99p, so you’re likely to get more money. Or so it seems to me.

As a buyer I also wouldn’t usually bid on a buy it now for second hand stuff – people pretty much always put stupid high values if they think it is worth a buy it now, whereas auctions you can sometimes get it for not a ludicrous amount of money, and there is at least some honesty about how much it is worth.

Lifer
    Free Member

Oh yeah mine was standard auction not BIN

zippykona

Sold a non working 3GS for £90!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ever managed to sell a phone on ebay?’ is closed to new replies.