Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anybody ever been to ofcom and had their case upheld. (Talktalk content)
  • duckman

I have been trying to get my contract with talktalk closed since October. They ignore repeated phone calls,pass me from dept to dept, ignore recorded delivery letters and emails and their answer when I carried out my threat to cancel the DD was to add £4.50 a month in charges. I finally got them to accept that I wanted to cancel after TWO HOURS on the phone last week. I have not lived in the house or used their service since October,however the cancellation date (with notice natch) would appear to be from the 11th of April. I have now had a collection letter from the same address as them demanding £222. Gits. Ofcom are paid for by telecoms ind, chances of any comeback?

letmetalktomark

Only one experience with Ofcom.

They were incredibly helpful with advice regarding the wording of comms.

They took me through the service providers dispute process. This meant that using the right words and asking for the right people my issue was resolved very quickly.

Not sure they mediate the situation but were very helpful.

Worth a call – providing TT have not blocked calls from your line to them 😉

ourmaninthenorth

Duckman – YGM.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes, Ofcom. TalkTalk have an incredibly poor rep within the Telecoms Industry for customer service.
    We resell some of their services through work and the amount of stuff which has just fallen through the cracks and they can no longer find is unreal.

Trekster

Son is having another/last visit from BT engineers today. They are still trying to find where a fault lies in his and the small village he lives. Today they are re testing lines from his house to pole, pole to exchange. He has been told unofficially that the exchange is an old clunk, click version, not digital and is due to be upgraded to fibre optic later in the year. New area manager is going to pull the plug on any more time being spent on this issue if a holding position cannot be found today!
    Having just changed jobs he was intending to work from home to help with child care, school run etc and needs access to works systems to do so. There was internet when he moved into the house a couple of years ago but every year connection has become worse/more intermittent to non existent this year. He changed from Talktalk to BT when he moved into the hoping and expecting it to be better!
    After today it is likely that he and the rest of the village will have no internet and mobile phone reception is also non existent!! Small village on the outskirts of Carlisle btw.

Do you think he has any case to take to ofcom?

johndoh
    Free Member

Trekster, doesn’t help the current situation but could he get a 3G/4G dongle?

Trekster

Next to no mobile reception on phone, doubt if dongle would work? Sad state of affairs for just being on the west side of Carlisle and just down the road from the biggest industrial/shopping estate in the area!

bigyinn
    Free Member

You do get this occasionally where the person is at the end of the line and is borderline being bale to get a working DSL service. BT will do a bit of work, but the cost benefit analysis usually ends up in “its either put up with what you can get or get rid of it.”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anybody ever been to ofcom and had their case upheld. (Talktalk content)’ is closed to new replies.