Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Anybody else's commute this morning quieter than normal.?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Breezed in this morning, I could get used to this black Friday thing. Is everyone in tesco’s or at home hitting the refresh button.?

IHN

Yep. Office is like a morgue too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes, very quite but then I work in finance in London and the whole week is pretty quite as many US markets are closed or on reduced hours with the Thanksgiving Holiday yesterday and many people off one/both of Wed and Fri.

zippykona

Yes,got here in no time.

midlifecrashes

Schools closed? Loads are round here. Traditional teachers shopping day.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Well I nearly tripped over the cat. WFH can be such a slog at times

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Yep, found the same thing here in Paris which surprised me. Maybe there are just lots of yanks here too.

g5604
    Free Member

yup flew in, what is going on?

ThePinkster

Can’t say I noticed.

Mind you I am working 3 day weeks at the moment so have only just got up 😀

jfletch
    Free Member

Can we do this every week. Quiet roads, quiet office. Brilliant.

(smug look since I bought the wife’s present online last night and she’s sorted everyone else out)

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes very quiet for me too, I was actually running really late but managed to get here on time.

Schools are open, when my Son’s is anyway.

Can’t be ‘black Friday’ surely, it’s only been a ‘thing’ in the UK for a few years.

epicsteve
    Free Member

It was quieter than usual on the bus this morning, despite us passing one of the areas (Surrey Quays) that was reported as having some Black Friday related unrest.

everyone
    Free Member

Roads were manic as normal but the office is barren.

pixelmix
    Free Member

I always find the commute in quieter on a Friday. I get to be all smug riding down the bus lane at 20mph Monday to Thursday undertaking traffic, but the traffic does a better speed on Fridays. Bah.

stumpy01

I wish every commute day was as quiet as a Friday, but yes it was particularly quiet this morning!!

ransos
    Free Member

Cyclepath was about the same as usual. Maybe cyclists buy less stuff than car drivers…

ourmaninthenorth

Yes, but that’s mainly because I’m working at home.

So is today that Black Friday thing? Meh.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else's commute this morning quieter than normal.?’ is closed to new replies.