Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Anybody else lucky to get home with no dents?
  • Wally

Snow blindness??
    Firstly an elderly driver lost the plot in Sainsbury’s and hit the front of the car behind me, pushing it out of the way, put the boot down towards a gap next to the exit, which was actually a kerb and bushes and side slammed the car in front, he then reversed and tried again to get through. Only stopping when 2 people opened his driver door as he pulled back for 2nd go. Wife was swearing wildly and daughter replied “Don’t use naughty words mummy”. Oddly enough when details had been exchanged between all parties, I waved him through the gap and waited a little longer.

Up a side road and a slight hill a car in the distance started to struggle and then pulled over to the kerb, I passed at the exact time he/she started to try again, but simply swung the front of the car 180 degrees down the hill. Stopped for this one a couple of foot short of it’s bumper , 2nd gear low revs – off we went again….

A car going down a hill on minor road to join our major road clearly was going to fast to stop at joining junction, I stop to leave him gap to join our road and to avoid him hitting me, he panics as he locks all wheels whilst arriving on our road, he makes the turn. Leaves on handbrake whilst trying to drive for about 400 yards. I was waiting for the crunch into a parked car and his car fishtailed along.

2 hour drive for 2 miles. Londoners are not used to snow.

CountZero

My car hasn’t left the drive since last Sunday. It’s unlikely to go anywhere tomorrow either.

nasher
    Free Member

Well I stayed in my mountain house in the Maritime alps last night… although very cold…no snow. I rrived 2 km from the coast (italian riviera) and there was an inch of snow on the roads, I totally lost control of the car and did a 180 in the middle of the road… thankfully there was no other traffic but was scary as hell.

Off road tyres and 4WD does not grip on ice!!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

4wd and rubber band tyres mean 4wSLIDE

john_drummer
    Free Member

we had a light dusting overnight last night, maybe 2cm on the roof of the car this morning. All roads clear, maybe the very steepest of the local hills were best avoided, but all in all not too bad.

here-ish

pedalhead
    Free Member

Thought I’d be sleeping in the car tonight, 3 hours on the A34 going nowhere fast. Oh well, my own fault for driving today, but the Chilterns were worth it 🙂

sam_underhill

Didn’t even get home! Holed up with friends near bicester, M40 / M25 back to surrey looked like I’d be spending the night on the road. Hopefully better luck tomorrow, I haven’t got any clean pants!

parkesie
    Free Member

went from aldershot to brum and back got caught in the northbound jam for 3 hrs 1 mile from the exit i needed to continue ploughing through the snow. got close to brum and turned back as the traffic reports were sounding like bedlam.

A wasted trip but hey it was a little adventure and proved that a low slung estate car handles deep snow just fine. Just have to stop now and then to clear the snow thats built up on the front 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

yes. I left my car, and even my bike at home, and walked 2.4 miles to work.Then I walked the whole 2.4 miles back. I am a shiFFing to Gooberg dotting hero! MODS!

Northwind

Mine’s been encased in its own personal iceberg for 3 weeks now. Decided tonight to get it driveable again, and just looked at the forecast, snow tomorrow 😐 Shoulda checked first really.

Taff
    Free Member

Not a dent but some dull woman decide to run out in front of me on a pedestrian crossing which had been cleared. Unfortunately all the compacted show on the corner wasn’t so when I’m a few metres away from her and have to brake I realise I either have to hit her or put it in the hedge. Luckily no damage but I was still fuming

clubber
    Free Member

Ended up sliding sideways down a hill in my car as I was turning at the junction at the end of my road – proper 2mph slowmo as I knew it’d be icy. Let off the brakes and was ok but there was a car not far away…

Adam_85
    Free Member

Left Daventry at about 5:50 and got home (Cambridge) at 11:30 🙁

No dents but I think my mind is dented!

The most moronic thing I’ve ever seen has to be the guy who decided it was ok to get out of his car in slow but moving traffic on the M1 and kneel down besides his car while everyone had to manoeuvre around him including lorries to put his SNOWSOCKS on his car!!

andybach
    Free Member

Drove from Wrexham to Edinburgh yesterday – bit slower than normal – but no problems at all.
    Snowing hard here now though.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

stuck on a local duel carriageway for 3.5hrs last night because the morons around here(essex) don’t seem to have worked out that wheel spinning up a hill will only end in tears wouldn’t mind but all it needed was 2nd gear low revs it’s not rocket science 🙄

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else lucky to get home with no dents?’ is closed to new replies.