Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody else manage to get one of the Aldi specials 40 year old Whisky?
  • MrTall
    Free Member

They only had 6 bottles a store so i was too late at my local (queue of 20+ peaople outside at 7.55am!) one but the wife was lucky and grabbed one at a different store.

I’d read a good review about it but it’s a gift for my old man as i can’t stand whisky. It’s in a nice box and all so at least it’ll make a nice gift to open on Xmas day.

I know a fair few people on here like their Whisky so what are the opinions?

Oops, should be in chat forum, sorry!

z1ppy

This is a kinda “spot the STW alky” isn’t it?
    (I wasn’t aware of the sale 😉 )

Just perusing today’s other sale item and from my experience the double air bed and air compressor are very good. Anyone tried the USB turn table? Missus has a load of old records that need converting to MP3

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Just perusing today’s other sale item and from my experience the double air bed and air compressor are very good. Anyone tried the USB turn table? Missus has a load of old records that need converting to MP3

For the time spent getting mediochre quality recordings, you could probably get a saturday job earning £4.22 an hour and just buy them on CD or itunes.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

My mum has hit 3 stores for me and, surprise surprise, there are none available. All snapped up by staff no doubt, before even hitting the shelves. Fair do’s…there has to be an upside to working at Aldi.

MrTall
    Free Member

To be fair to Aldi that wasn’t the case. They came out just before 8 and gave a numbered ticket to each of the first 6 people in the queue so that there was no argument over who got one and no mad rush once the door opened. Seemed to work well, we just got lucky at a quiet store by getting there at 7.45am.

SammyC
    Free Member

Ahhhh, so that’s why there was a queue outside Aldi this morning!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody else manage to get one of the Aldi specials 40 year old Whisky?’ is closed to new replies.