Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • anybody else been keeping an eye on trout's blog?
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

Regular updates on the liberator mk3…. I’ve found myself checking everyday I’m so excited! On a lighting side note does anyone know what the new ayups are like and how bright, my main riding buddy has ordered the v4 kit without seeing them and is curious…..

Bring on the Lumens battle 🙂

fadda

Not just keeping an eye – I’ve ordered one! 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve ordered one too…. hoping it magically arrives before my birthday next week, but happy to wait knowing its built with the amount of care and attention to detail the website and trout promises!

Feels like Im a kid waiting for Christmas

lipseal
    Free Member

Didn’t know he had a blog?

Smudger666

Link please?

and before anyone tries the old ‘let me google that for you’ gag, I did and now know a lot about ‘light trout lines’ and ‘low light trout fishing’ but cant find the blog.

🙂

fadda

I’m a bit over-excited myself! Planning a night ride for the week after next, so hoping it arrives in time.

Lipseal – link to the blog is on Troutie’s website.

Edit: smudger, sorry can’t do links, but you can get to the site from Troutie’s profile…

philconsequence
    Free Member

It’s in the menu on his website….. short but sweet, teasing almost!

Would a high powered helmet light like the trout mini boost the power of radness up to 3000+ Lumens pointing forward if both were on full? Or would it not make a difference and just get swamped by the more powerful beast?

fadda

Phil – conventional wisdom seems to be that having a lower-powered light on your helmet is the way to go.

Something to do with the helmet light not completely filling in the shadows and, therefore still allowing depth perception etc…?

philconsequence
    Free Member

Makes sense but how low is low when its filling in (possibly non-existent?) Gaps and shadows in the 2000Lumens light?

trout
    Free Member

The Mini with 4 XPE leds on board will supply a nice beam to supliment the Lib.

Though I used one of the diy 2 leds the other day and it was pretty good too .

Another Pic on here in the nice sunshine
    http://troutie.com/?page_id=402

philconsequence
    Free Member

Did you get my email about the mini I sent through the contact page on your site troute? Would you say the xpes compliment the lib on full better than xpgs?

fadda

Fair point, Phil – can’t see there being much need for more light, when you’re checking out 2000 lumens!

philconsequence
    Free Member

Tis what I’m thinking…. but then I have no idea whether the handlebar issue of the light pointing forward when you want to look ahead into a corner would still happen?

trout
    Free Member

I havnt checked my mail for a while Phil been clearing out the garage and decorating the dining room .

XPEs make a narrower beam in the same optic than the XPgs

and a helmet light is nice if it is quite narrow .

philconsequence
    Free Member

Cheers trout 🙂 don’t worry about the email, its not urgent. Does the beam add to the lib on full when both are pointing in the same direction or does it show only when pointed into the shadows at the side?

philconsequence
    Free Member

Bump re. The ayup question 🙂

Luminous
    Free Member

The ayup question

I’m not sure if the Ay-Ups have been upgraded to the latest LEDs, if not then they’re running XR-Es, which aren’t as bright as the XP-E/G LEDs.
    So no, Ay-Ups will not be as bright as an LL or 601.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

I have a shiny gold one on order! 5000 miles to Namibia, pah, it’s several lights years to the Imperial Palace! 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

Hi luminous, cheers for the reply, mate has added the Lumens up to 800 per set, but I think the website reads as 400 per set not 400 per light… anyone able to shed some light on this?

Your new helmet (401?) Light is looking good luminous!

Luminous
    Free Member

PC.

Thanks for that. I’ve just spent the last few hours designing a fixture to get the little buggers lasered.

Once they’re lasered, and that package finally arrives from Cutters, then its all systems go, for mass construction of the 401.
    Its a little scorcher.
    🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘anybody else been keeping an eye on trout's blog?’ is closed to new replies.