Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody driven Berlingo and Doblo car version/tow car advice
  • gusamc
    Free Member

Hi

looking at towing 1200ishKG with car that can hold 2 or 3 bikes (easily) and then will be an ok and economical (diesel car) after done towing.

Currently have older 1.6HDI Berlingo, limited to 1100KG tow, newer Berlingo 1.6 are 1300KG tow but have seen Doblo – 2.0L, which strikes me as baing a bit more up to the job but I’m not a Fiat fan and the Doblo gets mixed reviews, very happy with Berlingo as all rounder (ie happy with as next car).

So any comments or any other diesel ‘cars’, big service intevals, reliable, that will tow 1200kg, take 2/3 bikes and bike gear with a bit of space easily (front wheel out is ok, but just straight in and out without dismantling) and do about 50mpg in rural 30-50 mode.

avdave2

I’ve had a Doblo for 5 years and been very happy with it, I’d certainly buy another. I went for one above the Berlingo because my research showed it to be more reliable. It also has a bit more room inside it. I’ve never towed with it though.

db

Never towed more than about 850kg in my Berlingo 1.6hdi (90hp)

1200 sounds like a lot. Are we talking long distance, motorway driving or up and down hills big hills!

I think the 1.6 110hp would be ok power wise, but would the fiat 2ltr have a bigger clutch?

What about a VW Caddy – think you can get them 1.6 or 2ltr? May be another option.

db

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    project
    Free Member

Got a dobo, great car, pulls the skin off a rice puding on an icy road.

The new Dobo is badged as a Vauxhall as well and the engine is the same as used in other vehicles.Eg Saab, vauxhall insignificant, and a few others, like citroen and Peugot.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

driven recent examples of both as holiday hire cars. Reason being, the Doblo broke down and was replaced with a Berlingo! Citroen much nicer fit and finish. Engine more tractable, smoother. Surprisingly good handling.

Don’t know about towing, though.

joeegg
    Free Member

How about Skoda Roomster with 1.9 tdi engine ? Seem to get excellent write ups and its a pretty common engine through Audi/VW/Seat.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody driven Berlingo and Doblo car version/tow car advice’ is closed to new replies.