Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anybody changed the hub adapters on a DT Swiss 240 oversized hub ?
  • shredder
    Free Member

Looking to change the end caps/hub adapters on a DT Swiss 240 oversized hub. Have had conflicting info LBS who are a DT Swiss retailer suggest they unscrew using something like cone spaners. Emailed DT who state they are a push fit like Hope adapters.

Thanks for any help.

firestarter
    Free Member

hi mate i did my 240os the other week they do defo screw in on each side. i had a right job removing the 9mm bolt thru ones to put the 20mm in as i kept undoing one and not the other lol worked in the end tho 😉

shredder
    Free Member

Thought so they appear to have a thread on the inside, and the flat/indentation on the outer of the adapeter. What did you use to unscrew them ?

I am changing them from a 15mm to 9mm bolt thru.

cheers

firestarter
    Free Member

on pages 16/17/18 you can see on part no1 the bit for the spanner to grip onto quite clearly

firestarter
    Free Member

i used an adjustable (a thin cone spanner type thing would have been easier) and a vice on the other side. i was after 15mm bits a while back and couldnt find them for love nor money

shredder
    Free Member

Thanks for that firestarter think I once sold you a DT 9mm thru bolt your in Leeds ?

Picked up the 9mm ones of CRC for £4.00 flood sale !

Cheers

firestarter
    Free Member

ah yes you did mate 😉 and thats cheap for the 9mm ones bargaintastic

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anybody changed the hub adapters on a DT Swiss 240 oversized hub ?’ is closed to new replies.