Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • anybody biked in the limousin region of france?
  • indiajazz
    Free Member

ive just got back from there and it looked amazing for mountain biking.twas really frustrating as im awaiting delivery of my cotic soul, which is coming tomorrow ,viewing miles and miles of track meandering through forests,fields and huge meadows along with steep long downhills, amongst some of the lushest countryside ive seen,a bit like switzerland in fact.there were lots of designated trials ,clearly marked,but the most ridiculous thing was i barely saw anyone out riding.i will return with my steed that is certain but i was wondering if anyone has had the pleasure?

piha
    Free Member

Went there last year and took the bikes. Not really a mountain bike holiday but got some off road riding in. Forests went on forever and ever, lovely little villages with nice bars, lakes and rivers everywhere. Biting insects were viscous, one night I slept with my head against the side of the tent and ended up with 60 bites on one side of my head. Wouldn't mind going back and trying a bit more biking.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Yes and I really enjoyed it.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My sister stays there. The riding is awesome. Stratobiker on here is your man. He's near Limoges. Great guide and racer.

http://www.stratobiker.com/

Kuco

Doesn't Stratobiker live in that region?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just spent 2 weeks there with the inlaws. Took the bike, mainly for the daily ride to the boulangerie, but got out a couple of times.
    Lots of farm/hunting tracks all over the place, some of which were covering serious descents – -we managed to find a 150m drop on one that got steeper, looser and rockier as it went on.
    There's a VTT track around Lac du Saint Pardoux that had some fantastic techy bits on, and we saw VTT signs to neighbouring villages, so there must be a reasonable network of trails.
    Can't wait to go back!

olaf_hansen
    Free Member

There's a 3 day race there called the 'Grand Raid du Limousin'. Some friends have done it and thought it was absolutely excellent. The comment was 'you've got no idea what's round the next corner'. The food's supposed to be amazing too. A brick sized steak was mentioned.

Seems like it's a sparsely populated, rather unvisited part of France, which looks particurlarly attractive as a result.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Yes I live here.
    There is indeed some fabulous riding.
    There are some superb races, and Randos (Think Meridas).
    If you're ever out this way, get in touch, I'd be happy to show you some trails.

SB

leggyblonde
    Free Member

It is ace for all kinds of riding!
    My grandparents live in Bourganeuf and my parents have a place nearby. There are hundreds of km of official marked routes as well as many thousands more of unmarked legal trails. There are also DH tracks, Freeride areas etc etc One of my favourite bits about the area is that is is indeed so quiet.

If SB (hi Steve!) can't show you around here is a good starting point if you are in or around the Creuse.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘anybody biked in the limousin region of france?’ is closed to new replies.