Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anybody been watching 'Getting On'?
  • the-muffin-man

If anyone works for them, please tell me that the NHS isn't really like that!!?

I have found it very funny though!

MrNutt
    Free Member

nope, what is it?

project
    Free Member

Basicly a story of an NHS hospital with elderley patient admittance, there is hospital politics, power crazed DR, male Matron,(gay), a hasled nurse, and a Sister, who is so mixed up , she doesnt know the day of the week.

Some of it is based on fact, there are people like that in the NHS, i worked with them for 6 years and came into contact with quite a few for 10 years while my dad and aunty where ill.

There are a lot of careing people, but a lot of idiots who think theyre so important they dont need to see patients as human beings, reminding them quite forcibly,that one day the day when they become patients on a long stay ward, and they want have their job to protect them, or possibly their family to offer support, its then they realise they have been a prat.

Finally a truely well made programe, the funky camera work was excellemnt as was Jo Brand as the nurse, trying to do her best, the politics do really exist.

Mounty_73

I watched the first one last night, I thought it was pretty funny…and I'm not a big fan of Jo Brand at all…

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I remember watching it first time round. Utter shite.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I think its nearer the truth than Holby city or ER. Just a tad overplayed for comic effect.

Jo Brand and me – separated at birth

project
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    Jo Brand and me – separated at birth

Now that does make me laugh , and she was a psychie nurse as well.

I thought of you more as the male matron.

Classic line from last night,

CONFLICT RESOLUTION, STRATEGY MEETING,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anybody been watching 'Getting On'?’ is closed to new replies.