Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anybody associated with the clothes / rag trade on here?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

admittedly a completely random question for a bike forum but then when isnt it on here? ;o)

I’m trying to get some sports clothes made for my daughter, not cycling related as such, another outdoor sport and I’m trying to find a pattern maker to get prototypes/samples made and after 40 mins on google am turning up very little… anybody work in the biz and know how this works?

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

china.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I know some who are.

“Harold!”

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I dont speak chinese and dont have the airfare and those two are thankfully busy for xmas!

🙂

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

try looking for a dress maker.

what you will probably need to do is buy in an exiting item, take it to pieces, and have patterns made/modified from that.

but all china joking aside, i have a friend who sorts all the kit for his cricket club. if they want something new they go buy the shirt or whatever, send it over to some factory in pakistan, and then get sent as many replicas back as they want. quite low runs and surprisingly cheap.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

but dress maker sounds girlie… lol… I think you’re probably right, I need a decent seamstress/dressmaker to pick this garment I have to piece, make a pattern, shrink to kids size, amend to my design and then prototype. its fascinating looking into this side business, soooo very much to learn.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anybody associated with the clothes / rag trade on here?’ is closed to new replies.