Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • anybody any good at finding an address of a possible scammer for me
  • Speshpaul

looks like i’ve been stung on a deal, i feel like a bit of a arse really, (not via here by the the way)
    any ways i’m looking for an address for this chap, i’ve got some details and i’ve tracked him so far, but i’d like some one who is handy to check it out for me.
    I think its CCJ time.
    if you have the skills and fancy a challenge drop be a email.
    cheers
    Paul
    paul.sal at btinternet.com

althepal

Im sure theres a few online Columbos on here.. just watch that you stay legal otherwise the modz will whip this off quicker than you can say

globalti
    Free Member

Just go to the Small Claims Court.

Speshpaul

i might need an address for that……….

Speshpaul

anyone up for a bit of sleuthing?

soobalias
    Free Member

gonna have to bait them with some of the juicy details

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What’s your budget? 😉

Speshpaul

there are no juicy details, he’s scammed me, looking like a small claims case, but i have a name and a couple of email address’s and thats all. and with out a bricks and mortar address i’m a bit stuffed.

wwaswas

Have you spoken to the police?

It’s theft and they have far more resources to get this sort of information legally than most people.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

If you have any emails from them look at the internet headers and you will find IP addresses that show how they have been routed.

A few years ago I, and several colleagues, received a number of threatening emails from an ex-employee of our company under a false email address. He had sent them from his work PC, so I was able to trace the company via the IP address. We then contacted the IT manager of the firm in question and supplied the PC IP address that was also in the header.
    Emails to myself and others stopped immediately, and we had enough evidence to involve the police.
    Worth involving the police though if you think it is worth it.

Speshpaul

i know he is self employed, so the company line is no use.
    police well, thats the next stop. whether enything will happen i don’t know.
    But i’ve seen people track down on here, i only have a certain skill set that get me so far. and i know there are smarter chaps on the old interweb than me on here.

parkesie
    Free Member

See if they use strava then steal their bike.

teethgrinder

/b/

That is all.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘anybody any good at finding an address of a possible scammer for me’ is closed to new replies.