Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anybody almost blown an O ring with high blood pressure?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

If so, why, how high was it and is it now under control.

My record – on the way to ITU in 1997 – was 182/117.

Felt quite ill at the time.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Oh sh1t. I'm gonna get in first

ivantate
    Free Member

I was 165/95 for quite a while. Stopped me getting into the Army which was when I first found out it was high at 18.

Now 32 and exercise, reasonable eating and drinking mean its down to 125/65 ish.

lipseal
    Free Member

MINES BEEN 196/105 WHEN I WENT FOR MY PRE OP 😳

brant
    Free Member

I was 180/90ish or something a few months back. Picked up "messing around" with a BP machine in Taichung airport. Was notably higher than my rather chunkier boss.

Riding or swimming every other day brought it down quickly. Bit worrying.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my "peak", when i went into ITU with hypertensive cardiomyopathy, was 255/170.
    that was more than a "bit worrying"!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

wow! How do you guys keep it down?

Kunstler

I was diagnosed as having high blood pressure five years ago – I couldn't tell you what the reading was but obviously it wasn't good. I was prescribed ACE inhibitor medication which, I was informed at the time, I would have to take for the rest of my life – no matter what beneficial changes I made to my health. However, last year I really got into my biking and along with a bit of dieting managed to lose three stone in weight in three months. Apparently it's quite uncommon but I had 'normalised' my blood pressure and have been off the medication for six months now. Feeling pretty good for it.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

wow! How do you guys keep it down?

ACE inhibitors/beta blockers kept me alive, i've lost over 6 stone since getting diagnosed 6 years ago and tried to eliminate as much stress as possible from my life (restarting riding bikes after a 10 year absence shortly after i got out of hospital made a massive difference to me)…

5lab

i got measured in an ambulance after getting involved in the wrong end of a rather heavy bike vs car incident. 192/131. I was 21 at the time

normally sits around 150/100 ish. the drugs don't work, mainly because I can rarely be bothered to take them

derek_starship
    Free Member

5lab

I suggest you take your meds.

150/100 is way too high. It will damage your kidneys over time and errode the inner walls of you arteries.

Takes 5 secs to take a pill mate.

iDave
    Free Member

plus of course derek changed his lifestyle 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anybody almost blown an O ring with high blood pressure?’ is closed to new replies.