Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Z1 compact users?
  • jim25

My galaxy S3 is playing up now and Ive never really liked it, so looking for a change.

Any z1 users with reviews?

franksinatra

went from Galaxy S2 to the Z1 compact about 6 weeks ago.

– Great camera in good light, average to poor in low light
    – Nice solid feel, not dropped tested it yet though. It does have a glass back so may be worth getting a bash case if you are clumsy with your phones
    – Being waterproof is a nice bonus. I’ve not submerged it but used it in heavy rain for the day without issue
    – Battery is good. Average daily use (facebook, spotify, STW etc) will see it to about 50% battery by end of day, low use it will still be at 75%
    – Size is ideal, I have a tablet so wouldn’t want or need a phone any bigger than this.
    – Seems to be the only compact phone with the same internals, most others dumb down the processor or memory.
    – Some nice touches on the software but also plenty of Sony apps that I am unlikely to use.
    – Performance is fast, has not crashed yet and no noticable lag.

Only six weeks in for me but I cannot fault it.

jim25

Sounds what I wanted to here. Fed up with my S3 crashing and stalling all the time.
    Had my S3 for about 18 months now and have always felt it’s too big, the Z1 looks a better size and still powerful withit.
    Thanks.

DavidB
    Free Member

I went from iphone 4s to Z1 compact, best upgrade ver. Love the speed of it and storage with SD card is excellent. As frank said the battery life is great, I’ve not gone below 65% at the end of a day. Camera is top notch as well.

DickBarton

Was really wanting the Z1 Compact but wanted to stay on Vodafone (direct from Vodafone due to discount)…they didn’t get it in…no other phone of same size with spec…now accepted I’m stuck and pre-ordered the Z2…all the fancy toys and bells & whistles just larger than I actually need…no doubt I’ll get used to it but the ruggedness appealed as well as having all the fancy bits.

I’ll be gutted if they announce a Z2 Compact and Vodafone bring it in!!!

rwc03
    Free Member

As above, great normal sized phone, would definitely recommend.

franksinatra

Dick, I got my z1 compact on vodaphone so not sure why you cannot.

ibnchris

Wasn’t sure to start with (previous iPhone user…) but think I’m now a convert. Trialled submerging it too and it works just fine 🙂 . My only fault now is the space bar is of small and I keep.on.writing.like.this…but that’s ok.

DavidB
    Free Member

My Z1 updated to Kitkat as well today.

downthemiddle
    Free Member

I got my z1 compact on vodaphone so not sure why you cannot

AFAIK you can get it on a vodafone contract via a 3rd party like Carphone warehouse, Phones 4U etc. But vodafone apparently arent stocking it directly unless things have changed. I am in the same boat, my phones come via my company vodafone business account so I have to also stick with going direct to vodafone. Currently waiting for the Xperia Z2 to be released, its just a bit big for my liking

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Z1 compact users?’ is closed to new replies.