Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Any younger folk (20's) riding around Sheffield regularly?
  • hora
    Free Member

luke come out wednesday – meet us at fox house – 7:30

Do people still use mlehworld? I know a few irregular muppets on here use it.

Houns

I shall Pimms you next time I’m up there (soon hopefully) and I will show you mincing like never before

simonm
    Free Member

lol, Luke is that you OP ? !!

Was our ride from Rivelin non techny ? Welcome to join us… but were mostly around 40, I guess one of those was podium at SCDH last year, most top 20 in masters etc, one 14th at Dusk to dawn….Do we qualify ? 😉

munrobiker
    Free Member

Simon- it’s not your lot that I’m on about either. That ride I did with you was great. The guys that I normally go out with do that ride in exactly the opposite direction- up the hard stuff, down the easy stuff. They’re a nice bunch but I can’t motivate myself to get out with them.

simonm
    Free Member

I know what you mean, Welcome to join us on Wednesdays. usually local, but often Derwent Edge, Houndkirk, Cut gate etc.
    I’ll drop you a line.

evh22
    Free Member

Who are these people mincing the rivelin valley?

Can i come? Sounds just right for me. 🙂

munrobiker you are welcome to mince with us. I’m 30 and the bf is 29. Or is that too old for you? We live at Malin bridge.

will
    Free Member

Sounds like Pook might be in the mincer’s group? 😉

hora
    Free Member

😆

I’d like to see the OP’s riding/skillz/some pics of his riding if possible then we can assess on the international Trail TopGun scale for sure.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

scandalous – MemberI don’t mince (but I am only 38!)

Yes you do! 😉

Pook

I’m too old at 31. And will, if we’re talking about mincers perhaps we should discuss the rider who was so scared of the hills he moved away, eh? ;o)

hora
    Free Member

You are 31? You look the same age as me. Maybe you should apply monkey semen as you’re daily cleansing routine?

munrobiker
    Free Member

OK, discussions have led us to meeting at Fairholmes visitor centre at 6pm on Thursday- riding some of the classic Derwent valley trails so we get an idea of what level we’re all at and how far we can go.

All those young and rad enough (ahem) are welcome. (Really, anyone is welcome*).

Hora- At no point in this thread did I say I was good at riding bikes!

*E-mail your strava profile to me first for judgement 😉

hora
    Free Member

Will I’m in West Hampstead this weekend. I hope you haven’t ruined the area that I handed over to you?

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’m too old and mincey for this thread…

do ‘the bike tree’ still do a wednesday-night ride? – some of them are younger and radder than this old giffer.

Rik
    Free Member

We are not all bloody 40 Si! Some of us are considerably younger than that!!

Plus

Riding doesn’t get much more technical than the full hidden Rivelin ride….

rob-jackson
    Free Member

rik – bollox! There is FAR more than that!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Rob- I may join you on Wednesday, I’ll see what the wife says (I am going riding in Scotland all weekend).

Rik
    Free Member

Really ‘bollox’ – why? You think Rivelin is easy?

There is some stuff that I only know a handful of people have cleaned.

Houns
    simonm
    Free Member

Rik, you all come across as old farts 😉

shaggmiester
    Free Member

antigee – MemberIt is Tech what we do n steep but looks nothing on the vids,those who have come out with us have a shock at the stuff in the vids when they see ittheir hair turns grey and then they try to spout off about grammar whilst they mincePOSTED 20 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

funny guy! 🙄

munrobiker-We do a lot of technical riding on our own built secret lines around wharney and hebbers, 😀 obviously hebbers being a bit far out for ya but your more than welcome to come ride with us down wharney, although most of us being in mid 30’s but we don’t act it, act more like teenagers so we may be too young!? 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Rik – never said easy but definitely not most techy round there

munrobiker
    Free Member

Shaggmiester- judging by the number of tins of energy pop in the front of Blower’s van when I went past it, I think you may all be too immature 😉

I’ll try and get out with you some time, it’d be nice to have my limits pushed.

philtricklebank

Hey Si I’m not 40 yet! I’ve felt it these last few weeks though, and Rivelin is as much tech as I’m likely to need from now on! ;-(

blackblur
    Free Member

I’m nearly 42, and enjoy canal paths and disused railways.

And Rivelin and Wharncliffe super tech.

See you Wednesday night then Luke, although only if you come to the New Barrack Tavern after the ride because I’m not allowed to ride yet after my ‘old man’ operation last week.

gmex619
    Free Member

Bike tree do still do a weeknight ride.

I would go and try it out but its the opposite end of Sheffield. Since I’m up in Penistone its about 19 miles and 50 minute trip for me too drive.

simonm
    Free Member

Rob, I knew your abilities so only took you around the easy bits 😉

Anyway, Rivelin is crap, all move along now nothing to see here.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

never ridden rivelin with you si have i?

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

I took you along there years ago for you to get a telling off from a gimmer for riding the path behind the golf course.

simonm
    Free Member

thought we had Rob, maybe we meant to ? coming tomorrow night then ?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

no – fox house etc tomorrow

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Any younger folk (20's) riding around Sheffield regularly?’ is closed to new replies.