Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Yeti ASX owners out there and are they any better uphill than a Bullit?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Ok sold my Bullit because it was just too heavy and padalled on trails and uphill with some difficulty, i’m looking at a Yeti ASX with 7″ forks and wondered if it would go uphill easier and pedal on singletrack easier than the Bullit?
    I know what your thinking, why sell the Bullit and get a another freeride bike? well I don’t want a wimpy XC/AM bike and still want something that will fly downhill but will also do a 3-4 hour trail centre at Wales 🙂
    Anyone got an ASX that could comment if so what sort of build, weight is it?

Cheers Stu

upsidedownflyboy
    Free Member

i’m not sure you know what you want

househusband
    Free Member

Mate had an ASX and soon got rid… think he found that it wasn’t good at anything in particular.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hicksville
    Free Member

I have had several bikes similiar to the bullit, which was a dog on climbs, if you want something that climbs well and I mean really well try getting hold of a Titus supermoto, fab climber okay slowish but built for anything, mine below weighs in at 34 ish lbs heavy bulb and sun rims wheelset

or try the the el guapo, newer version.
    Can also recomend the older Turner RFX 4 bars, still the best bike I have owned, just……. titus is up there
    Ellsworth moment similiar, owned one and sold it. Not as stiff as the titus but very very good all day bike.
    Personally always thought the giant reigns climb well, but only had a play on one.

Good luck

mikey74
    Free Member

Get a Mythic (a.k.a. Banshee) Rune: It climbs better than my previous (less travel) Titus Motolite and descends like a downhill bike.

parisroubaix

I know a lot of people who have bought an Orange for that type of bike and been happy, but with 7 inch forks you are always going to struggle compared to a shorter travel AM bike. I would ask yourself if you would be better with a 6 inch travel rig like a new nomad would be better, it can be built to under 30lbs apparently, with xt kit.
    People also forget that what they weigh is important in how a bike climbs, if you are carrying 10kg of blubber like I was a few years back you will fly up climbs in comparison.

upsidedownflyboy
    Free Member

commencal mini dh?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

ASX is slow on trail centres and singletrack, but very capable downhill (I had one for 4 years). Stuff like Glentress/Cwmcarn is much more enjoyable on a hardtail or shorter travel bike.

The new style of ‘140/150mm rear and 150/160mm front’ bikes will be far more suitable and more fun to ride.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Yeti ASX owners out there and are they any better uphill than a Bullit?’ is closed to new replies.