Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Any Yeti ASR 5 Demo's in Yorkshire??
  • dickie
    Free Member

At 5’11” I’m in the middle of sizing. I’ve tried a large with 70mm stem which wasn’t bad but would like to try a medium which is a similar size to my large 2011 DW 5 Spot.
    Thinking of a change to something a bit lighter with less travel.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I’m the same height as you and my Medium (with 90mm stem) is perfect.

Standover between the med and large is the same – the TT length changes a bit, though.

Did the large feel long to you?

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

6’1″ and ride a Large with 50mm stem. Medium felt waaay too small for me.

I arranged a demo through J.D.Cyles in Ilkley who are a Yeti dealer and bought mine through them.

You may need to swing the leg over someones bike or demo the carbon version as the alu version is discontinued so I’m wondering whether the shop would be able to secure a demo of one.

Give ’em a call.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

as the alu version is discontinued

Is it really? That’s an odd idea.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Yep, its not on the Yeti website any more.

Bit of a PSA for the OP now…

http://www.silverfish-uk.com/Clearance

ASR5 carbon in medium and large for about the same price as an alloy.

FWIW I’m 6’1 on a large with 70mm stem. If anything its a little short, but I’m all arms and torso. A 90mm stem would probably make it perfect.

davetrave
    Free Member

Where are you in Yorkshire OP?

I got mine from the Biketree in Sheffield, having ridden their demo Med, very good shop/staff/service. I’m in Nottingham but ride in the Peak fair bit if you wanted to meet up to have a crack on mine (it’s a Carbon BTW though) – medium frame, 70mm stem, 120mm forks and light(ish)weight spec; I’m 5′ 11″ – 6′ depending on the tape measure…

amphibian
    Free Member

Wilko – I too am 6’1″, long torso and arms, and ride a large ASR5. The 90mm stem feels spot on but I was wondering if 70mm might be even better (or perhaps just more in tune with the times). Don’t think I’ll bother now!

charliemort

yup alloy has gone

think there may be something 650b in the offing myself

antares
    Free Member

wilko1999
    Free Member

Amphibian I honestly think people make too much of the whole stem length thing. Okay if you went from 110 to 30 it would be very noticeable, but if you’re happy and comfy with a 90 I don’t think dropping to 70 is going to make that much difference to the handling. I’m on a 70 coz that’s what I had left from my last bike. When I’m a little more flush though I’m going to get a 90, see if it’s more comfortable

Fancy a trial swap!? 😀

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies.
    I’m between York & Leeds.
    Seen the silverfish carbon frames but I’d be looking at used or swop for the 5 Spot but just thinking out loud at the minute, & thinking I’d like a little bit lighter, little bit less travel.

iBaa
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 and ride a ASR5 Alloy 2011 in medium with a 60mm stem which I find perfect.

amphibian
    Free Member

Wilko, think you’re right about stem length. Happy to put it to the test though if you’re ever round Leeds way 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m 6′ with a ASR-5 Alu medium

I spent ages deliberating on size (after having ridden The Bike Tree (Sheffield)’s medium test bike). The medium yeti is around the same length (top tube) as a lot of other manufacturers’ large bikes. So it’s closer to a standard ‘large’ than most people’s medium I guess.

I suspect I’d be quicker on a large, both up and down, but that’s not really what I bought the bike for. In medium, it’s brilliant and chuckable and fun. I’d definitely like to try a large though – If I was buying again I might go Large.

Recycler
    Free Member

I’m 5’10 and a bit – ride a 2012 ASR5A medium with 70mm stem. Tested at JD cycles and purchased through them. Great bike and great guys at the shop – highly recommended. I’m in York if that helps Dickie?

Smuzzy
    Free Member

Dickie,

I have a 575 in medium and I guess the sizing will be very similar. Coincidentally, I’m between york and Leeds as well, Micklefield to be precise, you are very welcom to throw a leg over it if you wish?

E-mail in profile

toons
    Free Member

I’m 5 10.5 and ride a medium with 50mm stem (had a medium 5 spot)

I’m thinking of selling my yeti asr5 carbon and forks if anybody’s interested?

scant
    Free Member

yeti are due to stop building the ASR5 fairly soon b.t.w

toons
    Free Member

They’ve stopped building the alu version or do you mean the carbon as well?

Sancho
    Free Member

we have a medium black alloy demo available at crosstrax that we will be selling soon

dickie
    Free Member

Is that Crosstrax, Adel, Leeds? – I’m at Eccup!!

Sancho
    Free Member

it is yes

scant
    Free Member

carbon as well

toons
    Free Member
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Any Yeti ASR 5 Demo's in Yorkshire??’ is closed to new replies.