Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Any XX1 cassette deals around? or recommendations for alternatives
  • c_klein87

I swear when I first got xx1 my cassette cost £180, now the cheapest I can find is £250, I have a hope cassette on my training wheels but the shifting isn’t as crisp, and I need something xd compatible

simondbarnes

XG1150

vincienup
    Free Member

+1 for the XG1150 (‘GX cassette’). A little heavier, but full steel so will basically last until you don’t care about 11sp anymore… 😆 (and still lighter than XT)

taxi25
    Free Member

130 gms heavier. No big deal in isolation but a fair bit if you want a light build.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m also struggling to drop 250 on one of these…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Rose – £212 (XG-1195)

chakaping
    Free Member

Tangent – has anyone worn out the GX cassette and how long/how many miles did it take?

vincienup
    Free Member

I have heard an uncorroborated story that the higher level XD cassettes seem to last longer with the ‘hardchrome’ coating on the XX1 chain.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

I’d guess around 4000 miles on my GX’s,seem good value to me.

rone

XG1195 x01 cassette pops up on Amazon from time to time at sub 200 quid and varies a lot on the same day.

I did post on here but it got ridiculed about who would pay that for a cassette.

Idiots.

dirtyrider
    Free Member
    rone

£103.99 that’s stonking.

Best I did was around 170.

When was that?

c_klein87

I’ve got an xg-1150 cassette, you’re doing well if you can get 4000miles out of one! i’m in no rush, will keep an eye on amazon!

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ useful site for price variations

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Any XX1 cassette deals around? or recommendations for alternatives’ is closed to new replies.