Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Any woodburning stove suppliers on here?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m trying to find a competetive price for a Dovre Vintage 50 woodburning stove. It would appear their importer is Stovax.

wwaswas

That’s a telly with a flames DVD playing 😉

I like that a lot.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

It’s a nice looking stove, but RRP of £2700 is a tad pricey.

There was someone on here I recall that was a stove installer, I was wondering what the trade price for these is?

matt_outandabout

Oh my that is nice…

scaredypants

Well I’m disappointed

you should be making one of those out of a disused Anderson shelter you’ve just dug up – or a vintage safe you’ve blown the bladdy doors off, maybe

[Tut]

slimjim78
    Free Member

The logo looks more like ‘Davro’.

What a Bobby dazzler

bedmaker

I can have an ask tomorrow mcmooonter. Do you need other bits or just the stove?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Bedmaker, are you the Invernessish stove installer?

I’m really just after the stove in white and a rear exit pipe/flange.

Thanks MC

totalshell

fitting about 2 a month at the mo. demand is all sub a grand burners most require tonnes of work to install building fireplaces hearths etc sat now in a pile of chimney dust from todays efforts..
    going to my supplier fri pm so will ask then.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Thanks totalshell too, it would be good to compare prices.

This shouldnt be too bad to install in front of our existing hearth, it’s shallow in depth and the 50 is 690mm wide.

Cheesey promo vid.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twa_UgKVrSw[/video]

RustyMac

[thread hijack]

totalshell

If someone had taken all the fun out of it for you and opened up the chimney, installed a hearth and plastered the chimney breast with fireline plaster board what kind of price would they be looking at for installation of a 6-8m flue liner and stove?

email is in my profile if you don’t want to post up prices

[/thread hijack]

bedmaker

Yeah I’m near Inverness. I deal with Bonk and Co a bit though and they are Dovre suppliers. They have a branch in Edinburgh now which is probably handier for you.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Edinburgh is good for me, though I do a bit of teaching up on Speyside so Inversneckie isn’t too far away.

PePPeR

That is some serious money for a stove! I bought a Stovax 8HB for £1100 recently and thought that was expensive!

It does look lovely though!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

totalshell – did you ever manage to get a quote for this? I cant find your email addy in your profile.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Evening bump. Does anyone have a contact email for totalshell?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

bump

globalti
    Free Member

That’s Dovre’s Vintage stove? Blimey, I’d like to see their traditional stove.

Joking apart we do have a Dovre stove and very nice it is too. I seem to remember it cost around £500 seven years ago, the installation, register plate, cowl etc cost the same again. But we didn’t need our chimney lined; the last time we did it cost £50 a metre for the liner and the same again for installation. I believe you can still get SS liners for around the same price if you buy online but the installer price is now about 50% more than that.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Top link geoffj – I called fireplaceproducts – they can do the same stove with a free delivery, flue pipe, carbon monoxide alarm and fire cement for £1803 inclusive of VAT.

That’s a £900 saving over RRP.

http://www.fireplaceproducts.co.uk/dovre-stoves/dovre-vintage-50-multifuel-stove/

ourmaninthenorth

That Dovre is nice. Mailed a pic to Mrs North yesterday, who gave me a flat no.

So we’re going with one of these:

(Firebelly FB1 – handmade in Britain)

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Looks good OMINTN.

The widescreen Dovre means I can make my logs a little longer.

ourmaninthenorth

I live in a 1960s built house (with no chimney, natch). So, something modern (or post-modern, I guess) is needed. The Dovre would hit that mark perfectly, but Mrs North considers it won’t age well… 🙄

mcmoonter
    Free Member

but Mrs North considers it won’t age well..

I live in a house built in 1712, it’s as close as we will get to modernisation.

ourmaninthenorth

it’s as close as we will get to modernisation

Wait about 20 years and you could consider electric lighting. They should have sorted the vapours out by then… 😉

AlexSimon

but Mrs North considers it won’t age well..

I think this totally depends on the surrounding décor and furniture.
    It would be fairly timeless, if it was surrounded with other similar pieces.
    I think we’re at a point in fashion where items from any era and style can look great as long as it’s done with conviction.

Our house, on the other hand, is a total wet blanket of a compromised mishmash of the least offensive extremes of our two tastes. Doesn’t work at all. I say give over style control to one of you and let them follow through totally.

nbt

Liking that firebelly OMITN. looks lovely.

geoffj

🙂

ourmaninthenorth

I think this totally depends on the surrounding décor and furniture.

Quite.

Previous house was Victorian, and was decorated in a way that suited it (though not with period furniture, if that makes sense).

I want to decorate and furnish this house sympathetically. Some furniture will fit, other stuff won/t But a stove will be in there for plenty of years so needs to be right..!

I say give over style control to one of you and let them follow through totally.

If I had my design way – fashionable or not right now – I’d be looking at modernist era furniture (and some post modern) and decor to match. The Dovre would look good in that setting, I think….

richc
    Free Member

If I had my design way – fashionable or not right now – I’d be looking at modernist era furniture

that’s be because blokes like shiney things, a mate who lives on his own and has a large income (circa six figures) has done his flat up as most blokes would in a modernist theme and even he agree’s whilst you may like modern furniture individually, when you do a whole home in it, its very clinical and not very homely and it makes places feel like an office tbh.

or in his words, his house need’s birding up a bit.

ourmaninthenorth

or in his words, his house need’s birding up a bit.

He can borrow mine (and the daughter). They’ll soon have it looking like anything other than an office….

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Any woodburning stove suppliers on here?’ is closed to new replies.