Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any window fitters in?
  • bearnecessities

If I ask the window fitters to leave my old aluminium windows & door, but whip the glass out and take just that away, is that bad form?

Seems a bit cheeky to me, I was thinking either take away or leave for me to get rid of glass & weigh in myself, but opinion of another tradesman (who I value opinion of) didn’t see the issue.

The £100 weigh in or whatever would be nice, but just feels a bit off asking them to just take out glass and take away.

(No tradesmen battering inferred, great local firm and they’ll be drugged with bacon butties & a tip, just don’t know what’s expected with such a request, or even if it’s that unusual)

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

To be honest unless customer asked to keep then in the can they go for the Xmas weigh in for the knees up. But that’s how I do it and how I got taught. Scrap goes in pot for Xmas doo for everyone.

trail_rat
    Free Member

How many windows you got !

You might as well let him take the lot.

35 pence a kg……

bear-uk
    Free Member

How many years are you going to keep the frames?
    Scrap metal is worth sweet F all at the mo.

nealglover
    Free Member

..£100 weigh in…

That’s almost 300kg of window frames, how big is your house!

Let them take it all away I reckon. Not worth the hassle.

bearnecessities

Current scrap value of aluminium aside, it was the ‘acceptable’ element of the ‘ask’ I wanted a view on, from those with knowledge!

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Wow…. Scrappies well and truly having you lot over. £4.45 kg for clean copper
    £550 per 1000kg for batteries and £1.38 for ally per kg. But then again ours is a direct to pot scrappies no middle men.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s acceptable, no problem with that.

Unless taking the glass out takes a long time and adds to the job) can’t see why it would though)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any window fitters in?’ is closed to new replies.