Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any way to smarten a Thomspon post?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Black anodized and has a few scratches on it…. any way to hide them a bit? Spraying an option?

clubber
    Free Member

I’ve sprayed one in the past – I just gave it a good clean, masked the Thomson logos with some masking tape and then did a couple of thin layers of Plastikote black spray. Worked very well and other than fairly close up, you’d never notice.

IA

Black marker pen?

nedrapier

I’d go for black pen.

clubber
    Free Member

Doesn’t really last or even work that well when new IME.

andypandy85
    Free Member

Does it really matter?

legend
    Free Member

Strip and re-anodise if you want to do it properly

TiRed

Black humbrol and a fine brush. Matt or gloss. I find that pen doesn’t last.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

what about some glitter?

clubber
    Free Member

andypandy85 – Member
    Does it really matter?

Of course not. I don’t think that he was suggesting that suicide was the alternative if he couldn’t do anything.

Besides, does what tyres you use really matter either? 🙂

happyrider
    Free Member

Excellent 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

1) Tried marker pen and it looks purple!
    2) The world will continue spinning if I don’t do it – but I’m fat old and crap so I’d at least like my bike to look reasonably decent 🙂

I’ve got some black spray I may give that a try.

irelanst
    Free Member

does it really matter

That depends, are the scratches battles scars from use which clearly show how gnar you are? Or are the scratches from when you came home one night after work to find that your wife had been out for a ride with friends and lent your bike to another bloke who was so stunted that he had to put the seat down 4” by seemingly screwing the seatpost back and forth into the frame removing all traces of anodising from the aforementioned 4” of post?

nedrapier

Tried marker pen and it looks purple!

Yeah, it does. I was going to mention that after I posted, but then didn’t. Sorry.

You’ll have to colour in the whole post now. See if you can make anything amusing out of THOMSON. Magpies fan?

vdubber67
    Free Member

Replace it with something less cliched? 😉

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Remove the ‘P’? 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any way to smarten a Thomspon post?’ is closed to new replies.