• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by cjr61.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Any way to send a pair of wheels by courier without a box for packaging?
  • cjr61

any novel cheap and easily available packaging options that doesn’t include a box?

Cheers

stevied
    Free Member

Lots of bubble wrap and brown tape?

thomthumb
    Free Member

bin bag.

you didn’t have protective in your specification. 😯

wwaswas

I did receive a pair of wheels from the classifieds on here in a bin bag once.

If you don’t have an appropriate box my local Halfords are always happy to give away bike boxes and they’re easy to cut down.

MussEd
    Free Member

Can’t you just fashion a box out of cardboard?

LeeW

There is loads of ways, but do you want to faf of having to refund the buyer if they get damaged in the post?

cjr61

I am the buyer here so trying to come up with some solutions for the seller!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Pop into the local Halfords, they will normally have one or two wheel shaped boxes knocking around as they ship tyres and the like in them.

cjr61

The issue is that there are no halfords anywhere near the seller and he doesn’t drive.

Sort of gets me thinking about a STW Karma Courier group. I do lots of driving for work so wouldn’t ever be an issue to pick up and drop off on my way…just a thought!

geoffj

Where are the wheels. Maybe someone could drop off a box?

cjr61

Haha…now the community of minds are thinking! Wheels based in Sleaford, Lincoln.

Any takers?

iainc

Wtd: Wheel box or suitable packaging in Sleaford, Lincs
    2 posts & 2 voices | Started 2 weeks ago by cjr61 | Latest reply from chrishc777
    Add this topic to your favorites (?)
    Tags:
    No tags yet.
    cjr61 – Member
    Hi guys,
    Just wondering if anyone has a box I can have to send some wheels?

Thanks

Chris

what these ones ?

but then again :

cjr61 – Member
    I am the buyer here so trying to come up with some solutions for the seller!

cjr61

Iainc – super sloothing…nothing dodgy here though, just trying to get a pair of wheels! First post was on behalf of the seller…wording does sound a bit like i’m buying and selling though!

Geoff – thanks for the suggestion, they have no boxes as the chap has been in there!

Thanks all

iainc

🙂 not at all, I just thought I remembered you asking about a wheel box before !

griffiths1000
    Free Member

You could post him a couple of empty boxes 🙄 Or Just an ordinary cardboard box with bubble wrap or cardboard spacers fabricated between the wheels works fine.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Double Bin liner and gaffer tape. Send seperately

Milkie
    Free Member

Send him a flat packed box.

cjr61

haha I think the best option is actually to post him a box….oh the irony!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

My Hermes use code tvfree.

cjr61

Thanks WYSIWYG…but is that for first timers only? Bit of a hermes veteran here!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Any way to send a pair of wheels by courier without a box for packaging?’ is closed to new replies.