Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Any way to contact eBay seller..
  • DrP

Without using their ebay ‘contact me’ form as they simply don’t seem to be responding.

They had a van for sale that I wanted to view. Despite sending a few messages it never sold, and auction ended. But I never heard back from them, not even once.

I quite fancy looking at the van and want to make contact, but it seems they’re either ignoring eBay, or it’s not working for them…

So…STW web hacker peoples..any tips??

I know if you’ve bought something, you can ‘release’ the phone number, but I’m not in that position.

DrP

aracer
    Free Member

Contact DVLA, tell them the van ran into you and you need the details 😈

johndoh
    Free Member

Have you considered that it is no longer for sale and he simply can’t be bothered to tell you?

Jamie
    Free Member

Working on the off chance this wasn’t the last van in the world for sale, I would recommend buying a different van.

DrP

Johndoh – should I move this to the ‘I have been stood up’ thread? 🙁

Jamie – I’m liking this approach….

Thanks for the answers to the OP chaps…!

DrP

DezB
    Free Member

Nah, unless they’ve shared their email address in the “Community” section of ebay (you can search for usernames in there), you won’t find it. Only way is if you’ve bought something from them and have the address through paypal.
    Or you could try their username with every domain on the end (my email adress is the same as my ebay)
    here’s some to get you started:

@gmail
    .com

@yahoo
    .co.uk

@yahoo
    .com
    @googlemail.com
    @msn.com
    🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

We sold some stuff over the weekend (kids’ garden toys). There was about 4 listings but someone wanted all the stuff so we pulled the listings and did a new one for all four at a fixed price – and they came around to collect, paying cash on collection later the same day.

Since then we have been bombarded with people asking if the things are still for sale, noticing they hadn’t sold, offering to buy outside of Ebay etc – it sounds a similar thing may have happened to you.

I did tell everyone (I am nice like that) but I can imagine many people wouldn’t be bothered.

So yes, you were stood up…

DrP

I suppose so.
    This thing was I was asking questions from day one of the auction (asking to see the van) so it’s not like I was Desperate Dan and chasing him once the auction finished..
    Oh wells..

DrP

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Maybe there was no van and someone else has saved you the trouble of being scammed?

aracer
    Free Member

Do you like paying ebay money?

johndoh
    Free Member

Not really but I just wanted it sorting quickly without fuss – at least I avoided the PP fees though. She is buying some more stuff from us next week and that won’t be via Ebay now…

aracer
    Free Member

I’m still confused as to why if you’d arranged everything outside ebay putting up a new listing made anything quicker or less fuss. Am I missing something?

johndoh
    Free Member

I arranged it all via Ebay messages, it was late at night when I was sorting it and I just wanted someone to click ‘BUY” and know it was sorted.

Cougar

If they don’t want to talk to you when you want to give them a large sum of money, I’d hazard that they wouldn’t be falling over themselves to help if there was a problem. Therefore, I’d suggest that you don’t want to give them a large sum of money at all.

maccruiskeen

Anything you send via ebay gets forwarded to their email anyway – so why will they respond to a direct email any differently.

I think the issue here is – you want to see the van. Either there isn’t a van, or there isn’t a van anymore, or there is a van but the seller would rather sell it to someone who doesn’t want to see it first.

geoffj

BigButSlimmerBloke – Member
    Maybe there was no van and someone else has saved you the trouble of being scammed?

This ^

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Any way to contact eBay seller..’ is closed to new replies.