Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • any way of laptop seeing a tablet as a 'drive'?
  • sadexpunk

cant see how to do it on google, my lads asking as he wants to transfer music from laptop to his tablet.

i could take the SD card out of tablet and put in sd reader on laptop maybe, not sure whether the card is compatible yet, but just wondered if theres an easy way of just connecting by usb and dragging and dropping. samsung tablet, windows 7 laptop.

thanks a lot

richmars

Can you plug anything in to your router, like a USB drive/stick, and see that on the laptop and tablet?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

It should be as simple as plugging the tablet into the computer USB port. Shouldn’t it ?

thepurist

What happens when you connect it via USB? Every android tablet I’ve seen just connects up as external storage, or at least gives the option to.

sadexpunk

doh, should have tried it first instead of listening to him 🙂 he said it didnt show the tablet, but ive just connected it, and as you rightly point out, it does shows it.

thanks for your help, ill test things first before wasting your time in future 🙂

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Give him a clip round the ear and take his selection box off him 😀

thepurist

Nah punish him properly and stick “parental control” filters on it 🙂

scotroutes

Take his new tablet off him and give him your old one as a Xmas present.

gwaelod
    Free Member

use google play music…upload his music to the cloud….music available anywhere theres an internet connection, can subsequently be downloaded to tablet or streamed from the cloud to the tablet to save memory

takisawa2

My lads tablet wouldn’t show up, because it was trying to use a drive letter that was reserved &/or in use.

So for info for anyone with the same issue…

Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Computer Management
    …then select Disk Management, your tablet should show up

Might have to accept the program making changes, but the device should show up & you can then assign a new letter to it.

sadexpunk

use google play music..

just done a quick google on it, before asking questions (natch) 🙂

looks like it subscription, so thatll be out for him. (he doesnt live with us, so not worth us having it and letting him use it)

thanks

gwaelod
    Free Member

No subscription necessary…free version gives you 10000 of your own songs that you already have bought/ripped.

A tenner a month gets you the all access version which is unlimited access to music you haven’t already bought/ripped

sadexpunk

ah great stuff, ill look into that when i get time then.

thanks

CountZero

scotroutes – Member
    Take his new tablet off him and give him your old one as a Xmas present.

Oooo, harsh! 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘any way of laptop seeing a tablet as a 'drive'?’ is closed to new replies.