Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any washing machine experts here?
  • spooky_b329

Feeling quite proud of myself after fixing our washing machine. Despite displaying an array of lights that apparently means the heater relay is stuck when attempting to spin, (its a washer-dryer) overfilling, and banging airlocks back into the water supply, it turned out that simply blowing down a pressure sensor tube was all that was needed 🙂

Whilst its showing all its private parts, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to stop the machine shaking so much. Its 3 years old, used to be nice and quiet but now bangs around on the rinse cycle and turns into a road breaker on spin, making the floors in the house bounce up and down and doing its best to shake itself apart. I'm pretty sure the drum is bouncing so far its hitting something as it gets very loud.

Could something have happened to unbalance the drum, or are the two rods in the base meant to act as dampers to the springs above? Can't work out if they simply slide up and down and keep the drum in place, or if they actually act as dampers. One moves more than the other but its nearing the motor so could be normal?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Check all the springs are in place (usually at least 3). Had similar issues with our old one. It eventually self-destructed spectacularly!

The new one is sick AGAIN. Less than a year old. Not happy. 😡

spooky_b329

Its got two…will have a good look for another…

fettling
    Free Member

Our hotpoint has twice gone into earth shattering banging mode when spinning. Both times was the counterweights coming loose. There are usually a set top and bottom.

spooky_b329

Looks like my machine only has two springs…will check the counterweights though…its a Hotpoint Aquarius

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any washing machine experts here?’ is closed to new replies.