Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any Warhammerists on the forum?
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Looking for info on these https://www.flickr.com/photos/wysiwygphotography/shares/H3xRN8

Been given them “as you collect weird sci fi stuff”

Anyone able to help?

richc
    Free Member

Sad, but I know those from I was a pre-girls teenager.

Some of those are warhammer 40K harlequins, others are just Eldar

durhambiker
    Free Member

Eldar Warriors, jet bikes and a few of the different types of Aspect Warriors (special Eldar troops). No Harlequins though.

(GW store manager up until about 4 years ago)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Eldar stuff. As they’re actual lead they’ll also be worth a few pennies. Been dribbling my WH and 40k stuff from the ’90s through eBay and been pleasantly surprised with what people will pay.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cheers. worth anything?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Yeah I noticed a lot were metal.

nemesis
    Free Member

A bit. Sell them individually on ebay

durhambiker
    Free Member

They won’t be lead, the sculpts are too modern for it to be from that period. Much better than the resin “Finecast” material they replaced the metals with though.

richc
    Free Member

I might have a shit ton of old lead/metal ones space marines and harlequins

I guess I could put them on ebay, are they still worth anything if they have been painted?

durhambiker
    Free Member

They’ll sell, but generally unpainted models fetch more.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Cheers all

finbar
    Free Member

They won’t be lead, the sculpts are too modern for it to be from that period. Much better than the resin “Finecast” material they replaced the metals with though.

They are doing some cool stuff with the resin models that wouldn’t be possible in metal though. Most of the Forge World stuff is fantastic (but the prices are mind-boggling).

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I stand corrected, said the man in orthopedics.

I might have a shit ton of old lead/metal ones space marines and harlequins

I guess I could put them on ebay, are they still worth anything if they have been painted?

They’ll sell, but generally unpainted models fetch more.

My experience too. Unless it’s utterly amazing and going to be displayed, being painted seems to be a price killer.

durhambiker
    Free Member

Yeah the Forgeworld stuff is fantastic, and has been for a while, but it’s a) a different resin to the Finecast stuff, and b) cast by a team that have had far more experience working in it. It’s also loads more expensive 😉

Back when I worked at GW a stupid amount of my wages went in Forgeworld’s direction. Stupid national manager meetings, stupid Forgeworld sales stand at said meeting, and stupid wage deduction order forms.

finbar
    Free Member

Ha! I’m planning a visit to the store at the HQ in Nottingham next time I visit the city. Just to have a look… 😀

STATO
    Free Member

The case is probably worth a ton too.

Northwind

Stripping paint from lead minis is dead easy though. Whether you can be arsed is another question. I’ve still got all mine in a box somewhere, it’s probably worth some money but I just can’t face sorting it, or for that matter throwing it on ebay unsorted

(I did sell some of it, thought I’d get a tenner, got about £200- that shocked me so much I didn’t dare try again)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

(I did sell some of it, thought I’d get a tenner, got about £200- that shocked me so much I didn’t dare try again)

I sold some old Land Raiders – a single painted model and a pair of semi-built. Don’t remember what they sold for, but I was a happy bunny.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any Warhammerists on the forum?’ is closed to new replies.