Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Any VW / Audi owners had the recall letter recently & Out come
  • yorkycsl
    Free Member

We have just received the recall letter from VAG re our Audi A4 2.0 tdi 170.
    I’m just wondering if any one else has & what was done to the car as ours Is yet to go in to the main stealer, fingers crossed they buy it back that would a great result.

footflaps

fingers crossed they buy it back

Dream on!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had the “we’re going to do something about it, but not quite sure what it is yet…” letter months ago. Haven’t heard anything since.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Had one of the “we’ll let you know” letters.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Had the “we’re going to do something about it, but not quite sure what it is yet…”

I’m guessing they’ll be the same thing with a different dealer address. 🙂

somouk
    Free Member

A mate had the letter informing him that his motor is affected from Seat, nothing other than that though.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

I actually like the car though I’d prefer the Allroad as it’s shite in snow & ice but overall good economy to & from the lakes a lot.

Unfortunately the huge rotor alloys have taken a battering (missus not on here !) so I might get them re finished at some point.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Direct from VW UK not the dealer.
    Had a recall notice on the boot struts direct from them too a while back.

stumpy01

Had 2 letters from Seat about our 2 litre diesel (140).

The first said blah blah, there’s a problem, we’re sorry & we’ll get it sorted.

The second said there’s still a problem and we’re still working on a fix.
    Pretty sure they said any re-map won’t affect performance or economy, which I think requires a lot of chinny reckon.
    So….unless I really have to, I won’t be letting Seat plug anything into the car to ‘fix’ it.

windydave13
    Free Member

My old man emailed VW about this exact topic the other day as his went in for a service earlier in the week and the update wasn’t available.

Basically they said they are still working on a fix and it would be rolled out over the next 6-12months generally as cars came in for service or MOT.

I assume they are struggling to make them pass!

spacemonkey

Had at least 2 of these so far. I expect an update within 3 months and the work to be completed within 6.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Had the same letters but no action. Seems typical of VAG at the moment. It’s been my first VAG car and will be last too as I’ll be replacing it with either a Ford or BMW which are much better built.

nuke

Had 2 letters now for our Yeti (1.6 diesel). Can’t remember the exact spiel but the 2nd letter talked about a software upgrade and some mechanical fix that’ll take about an hour and will be rolled out in the Autumn

willard

Wife had her letter a while ago now and has since had a main dealer service. The impression I got was that is going to take the best part of a year to get sorted.

I’ve heard rumours of the injectors being replaced for bigger ones on affected cars.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve not had anything from Seat recently.

The original proposed fix called for new injectors on the 1.2/1.6 versions, but just software on the 2.0. That fix was rejected in the US.
    last I heard they were looking into a catalyst type fix which would be a huge undertaking as they’d have to design it for dozens of different body type – not to mention it would almost certainly need an Ad Blue diluted piss supply which means fitting some sort of filler for it – the PPI/Personal Injury types are already circling bleating about consumers being lumbered with a “£50 a year” bill for Ad Blue (which is literally cheap as piss, you can buy a lifetimes supply of it for a couple of quid from any service station that caters for trucks) as there doesn’t seem to be much money in delayed flights and PPI is drying up.

My personal opinion is that in the UK and to a lesser extent Europe anyway they’re not spending their time designing a fix, they’re negotiating with governments – the UK has already said that they’re not going to impose anything in regards to this, they’re not reclassifying the cars and they’re not fining VAG, they’re also not going to force VAG to compensate customers as residual prices have been unaffected. So there’s not great desire for them to spend £1000 a vehicle on a new redesigned exhaust system and cat which will probably make them worse to drive. I think they’ll complete a bit of a lip non-mandatory service recall, maybe a remap of sorts and offer some kind of trade-in discount for effected cars.

globalti
    Free Member

They’re playing for time while a German university works flat out to expose the rest of the motor industry as having also cooked the results. In the meantime in the USA VW has paid my brother $1000 as a bung to keep him quiet until they can find a solution.

onlysteel
    Free Member

I got a letter thanking me for being a loyal customer, with a voucher attached offering me 3k off a new Golf, provided ordered before end of financial year. (Ridgeway VW in Oxford area) I have a company GTD so I suppose they simply did a mailshot using their servicing database. Pity they didn’t offer a cash bung as per Globalti’s brother! Guess new sales have been a bit slow over recent months. Was transferable, but Missus wont have another VW after bad experience with Mk4 Golf.
    I’ll be looking at 3 series and V60 estates in 12 months time.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

As someone above said, my pal that works for Audi had said he won’t be letting his friends or family that drive affected cars be downloaded.
    Without the add blue and pre cat system I cannot see purely software fixing anything without softwear that will make it flatter than holland…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Any VW / Audi owners had the recall letter recently & Out come’ is closed to new replies.