• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by fuch.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Vitus Escarpe owners? Opinions?
  • superstu
    Free Member

Considering purchasing my full susser and am making the trip to Bird to try their Aeris. When browsing alternatives in the £1,500-£1,800 category I noticed the new Vitus range. I’m not looking at long travel, 140mm max as it’ll be used for all sorts of riding, from bridleway to Dartmoor and the odd trip to FOD or BPW.

They review well in magazines but that’s not necessarily a good indicator.

So does anyone have one or ridden one and can offer an opinion? Thank you.

superstu
    Free Member

Everyone busy on this fine Friday?

trusty

I’ve got the 29er version, I like it. As for the 650 one (if that’s what you’re looking at) then no idea. Sorry!

I will say that the Nukeproof dropper isn’t great if it’s one of the ones you’re looking at as I’ve got one on my hardtail. It’s a loooong post so needs lots of it in the frame and it’s painfully slow to return

superstu
    Free Member

Thanks Trusty. Not expecting much from the dropper so you’ve confirmed what I’d expect!

trusty

It’s not great, if I was buying again I’d splash the extra on a reverb. It does the job though, especially on a winter hardtail

riklegge

I’ve got the 27.5 escarpe and rate it highly. It’s fun to ride, easy to throw around and uses its travel well. I also own a longer travel bike, but find I can do everything on the escarpe.

i would happily buy again, recommended.

andy4d

I went to a crc demo day the other week and this was by far my favourite bike on the day. I also tried the sommet but didn’t like it, but the vrx escarpe…just felt right. It was an uplift day so never tried it on the climbs but it was plenty for me on the downs. Had me grinning from ear to ear…..just wish the colour scheme was better.

blitz

Not ridden the Escarpe but I’ve got the Vitus blitz, it’s shorter 120mm travel cousin, which I’ve been riding for the last 3 years and been really happy with. I’ve had no issues and only had to replace consumables. Its been great to ride and so I’d expect good things and would be inclined to believe the positive reviews for the Escarpe.

superstu
    Free Member

Thanks guys

fuch
    Free Member

Got a 650b escarpe pro just before Xmas & originally had a budget of 5k & gave yeti,Santa Cruze,whyte etc a go….all top bikes then got the chance on a escarpe….& that’s what’s in my garage now & money left over on my budget.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Vitus Escarpe owners? Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.