Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • any vets in the house? (this is a bit gross)
  • jonahtonto
    Free Member

my dog can a ‘cyst’ between her toes which appeared in the last 24hrs and was weeping puss last night. i’ve squeesed out all the milky stuff, (its just small amounts of clear liquid now) dis-infected it with tcp and put the cone of shame on her to stop her licking it. its not red anymore but still the size of a grape.
    do i need to take her in? ill be honest im pretty skint right now but i have a credit card just for such occasions.
    she is 14 yrs old, so a general anaesthetic is out of the question, but my vet knows her and would prob do minor stuff under local for me.
    she isn’t in pain though. could i just keep it clean and observe?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Honestly, I’m not going to ask the vet across the table as I know what she will say. Go see your vet, they know the dog, be up front and ask them make sure they know about your finances. You could try for a phone consult but it’s 50/50 as to how it will go without being seen.

dannybgoode

Our greyhound (now sadly departed due to unrelated causes) had something very similar sounding.

Took her to the vet and it turned out to be some form of malignant tumour which needed surgery to remove.

I’m not trying to cause you concern but you really do need to get it looked at properly.

pingu66
    Free Member

Is PDSA still free.

project
    Free Member

PDSA OR RSPCA and blue cross,

crezzy

Keep cleaning cyst out with salty water ,if you have any iodine put that on everytime you’ve cleaned it out

jonahtonto
    Free Member

Ok I’ll carry on cleaning it till tomorrow (it is going down) but if I don’t see a dramatic improvement it’s to the vets on sat. I don’t mind spending the money really, love this dog to bits and its only money. I’d rather not use the PDSA, save their funds for those with no other option.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’d rather not use the PDSA, save their funds for those with no other option.

don’t worry they are heavily frequented by the range rover owning blinged up unemployed folk….

If you have cause & proof head over but the consult will be short.

jonahtonto
    Free Member

I know mike but just cos that’s the way it is, doesn’t mean that’s how it should be. I’ve used them in the past when I’ve had no choice and my eternal gratitude extends to not using them when I have means not to. Got my hands on some hibiscrub so going try that and if that doesn’t work, I’ll go see my vet

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘any vets in the house? (this is a bit gross)’ is closed to new replies.