• This topic has 24 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by kinixecig-spam.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any vapers here on STW?
  • Bazz

Any reformed smokers out there who have embraced vaping since quitting the fags?

What set up are you using and where do you get your juice?

I’ve just got my first mod, a Smoktech s.i.d and prefer the tanks from Naturevape, best juices I’ve tried so far are from vapourlites but always on the look out for something new.

redthunder
    Free Member

spud-face

Yo! hive of information resides here

Surfaces it every few months, so it’s probably time for it to convulse again. I couldn’t get on with vaping, though the trial and error of having to order through the internet, and order enough to qualify for delivery put me off. I’d’ve probably given it more of a try if it was all as conveniently available as it is now. Coming up to a year off the fags via Champix instead.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    2unfit2ride
    Free Member

As above, I reside not far from here & work takes me to that trading estate on a weekly basis so I’m sorted for trying new juice/devises, settled on the more expensive stuff from Alice In Vapeland as the cheaper liquids made me feel sick after a while.

HTH
    Cheers.

Erm, yeah….

Innokin VTR & Kanger Aerotank
    Origin mech mod & Aqua RBA
    Nemesis mech mod with upgraded brass contacts & Kayfun RBA
    Vision Spinner VV & Kanger Protank 3 Mini
    I-Top VV/VW mod & Innokin Iclear 30s
    Innokin 134 & Aspire Nautilus…

…also have a Taifun GT, various tanks, mods, drippers etc hanging around…

…also have a shop…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nW8N94]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Excuse the crap pic – cba to do anything fancy 😉

_tom_
    Free Member

My mate has a Plenty vape and its brilliant. I want to get one myself but £200 is a lot to spend.

Bazz

Artist – that is a fine collection, but presumably having a shop you are getting them at cost, lucky b’stard! I think I’m going to get an Innokin MVP when funds allow for weekends away etc. where is your shop and are you online?

Tom – you can get a pretty good set up for considerably less than £100 let alone £200.

Cheers Bazz – and yes, I do.

Innokin MVP is a good bit of kit – you can charge your phone off it and the battery lasts ages apparently.

My shop is in Matlock, Derbyshire – I’m not online, but have sold a few bits and pieces mail order

Tom – even the VTR on the left of my pic can be had online for around £60 and it’s amazing.

The Vision Spinner variable voltage battery, shown here with a Kanger Protank Mini 3 is only about £40 and gives a great vape…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nWxsED]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

I probably shouldn’t say this, but ordering from China is surprisingly easy and for the general consumer, Fastech is a great store – if you are patient with postage – just looked and the VTR is $71/£45. I pay £35 😉

maccauk
    Free Member

How strange, I bought a vision spinner and an iClear 30s from a vaping shop in Matlock on Thursday. 🙂

Good man maccauk – I hope it was the little green shop on Dale Rd 😉

How are you getting on with it? That’s a great combo and one I’ve used myself for quite a while.

The iClear 30s is my favourite tank for reliability and longevity of the coil/wick

maccauk
    Free Member

Oops sorry it was the other one.
    I must admit i’m finding the vapour production a bit hit and miss, mainly miss and have swapped back to a tank atty which is at the moment billowing vapour.
    I’m after some liquid so will pay you a visit next week.

Haha – no worries. I was involved with that shop, but we parted company for reasons I shan’t disclose…

My shop isn’t half as flash, but we pride ourselves on customer service over bells and whistles.

Something not right if you aren’t getting a good vape from that combo – just stuck mine on and this is what I’m getting – this is with a high PG liquid too…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/oc2djG]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nWz2Nv]Untitled[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

Call in and have a chat with Nicky (the girl who works there in the week), or myself on a Saturday if you want some more in depth info/advice.

Are you local and who do you ride with?

maccauk
    Free Member

Not getting anything like that. What voltage you using?

Live in Wirksworth and ride with a mate (to an incredibly poor standard)

That is cranked up full.

Maybe join us for a ride – we are all frikkin awesome though (not).

Even if you don’t use the shop, feel free to ask for any advice

maccauk
    Free Member

Cheers I must have been being to cautious with the voltage, so I’ve cranked it to full and it’s popping and crackling like a good un, plenty of vape – cheers.
    Where do you ride locally? Most of my rides centre around high peak and Tissington with the bridleways and cheeky trails that link them up. Black Rocks and the trails that lead out of W/W, all of which are horribly steep.

I live in Darley Dale and most rides start from there. Stanton, Beeley, Chatsworth, Bakewell. Sometimes ride from Matlock and do Brown Trousers (Riber), High Tor, Crich Chase, Shining Cliff, Black Rocks.

Then we will go away to Wales/Scotland etc. Some of the lads do the Alps, but I’ve not got that one past Mrs STR yet 😉

Bazz

Derbyshire is a bit out of the way for me seeing as i’m in Sussex, although there is definitely a gap in the market for vape shops round here, there not being one in any of the towns within 10 miles of me, so if you fancied branching out i’ll be your first guaranteed customer!

maccauk
    Free Member

All I’ve ever managed in Shining Cliff is to get lost. Crich Chase is fun.
    Couple of weeks ago was exploring around Rowsley and had a good ride at the side of the river behind Peak Rail.
    The Vision Spinner combo is now working a treat.

Some great runs down Shining

The riverbank run is called Fishermans Trail on Strava – it’s either on fresh legs, or tired legs for us as starts/ends a ride.

Glad your kit is working 🙂

Woody
    Free Member

2unfit

Is there a UK stockist of the Alice juice?

I’m really struggling due to problems with harsh throat hit after a while and have tried numerous combinations of juices/strengths/tanks etc. Had some juices from TAFKAS which I found good (especially grape) but faves are a couple from Decadent Vapours as they seem smoother for longer.

Most used kit at the moment is Protank3 (only one I’ve had which hasn’t leaked) with Ego-twist and find the variable voltage makes a massive difference.

Bazz

Woody – the link in 2unfits post to ukecigstore seem to stock it.

freddyg
    Free Member

<waves>

Another vape fan here. I started based on some of the information in that other thread.

Began with a kit from totaly wicked – which was okay, but now have a load of other clearomisers and a few ego-style batteries.

I’ve just bought a Kayfun clone from Fasttech (or Focalecig – can’t remember which!) so am in the marked for a larger mod/battery thingy.

Am tempted with a Vamo V5 (I like the idea of variable wattage) or similar but have yet to take the plunge. TAFKAS – can you reccommend anything in particular?

Bazz

freddyg – I was tempted by the Vamo and also the Innokin SVD, and after taking some advice on a vaping forum and looking at some reviews on youtube i ended up with the Smoktech s.i.d. Reasons being that apparently some of the Vamos can be a bit hit and miss (i imagine so with almost all electronics) but more so with the Vamo, secodly the s.i.d has a 4 amp max where as most others around the same price bracket are limited to 2.5 amps, so the 15 watt max may never actually be achieved. And they are reasonably priced going for around £30 on ebay.

freddyg
    Free Member

@Bazz. Thanks for the reply. I hadn’t heard of the Smoktech jobbie. How do you get on with it?

Bazz

Great, when i’m home it’s hardly ever out of my hand! Takes a few minutes to get used to the menu system but after a little bit of practice it becomes second nature (and i’m no gadget fan) and i think i prefer just having the one button.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Any vapers here on STW?’ is closed to new replies.