Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any Vancouverites wanna show a boy a good time?
  • MrFarrellsSodasuite
    Free Member

Hello there,

I moved to Point Grey Vancouver recently from That London. In parallel with the move I no longer trade under the name of Sodafarls.

I'd like to hook up with "AM" riders, m/f, GSOH, No strings attached. I'll have a car within the next month, until then you'll have to drive me everywhere…

Mr Farrell.

walleater

Maybe join NSMB and stick a post up on there? I work weekends so my riding is normally pretty spontaneous. If you cycle to a Skytrain station, then you can get to Burnaby 'Mountain' pretty easily which is probably the best area to start unless you are a skilled rider. An average UK rider would probably walk nearly half of Pipeline, which is the easiest of the long 'all mountain' trails on Mt Fromme.

MrFarrellsSodasuite
    Free Member

Thanks. I hadn't thought of trying the Skytrain to Burnaby. Skills level wise I'm at the mincing down Ned's and giving up and walking back up 50m from the start of Pangor class, as I found out when I hired a car a few weeks ago.
    I'll have a look again at registering on NSMB. The last time I tried I recall some awkward registration requirement.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Or join these: http://www.nsride.com

walleater

NSride would be good advice too then. Ironically, many of the easier trails around here are only easily found with the help of a guide.

Burts
    Free Member

+1 NSRide, I've ridden with them for the last 2 years and it was a great way to progress and learn new trails. Try the beg-int or int XC group and take it from there. If you join up and post on their forum, you could probably blag a lift from Kits or downtown.

For Burnaby, bus works just as well as Skytrain. Ride/bus down to Burrard Station and hop on the 135 bus direct to the top of SFU in about 30mins(better check this number though!). There are also direct buses to Seymour Parkway.

I'm in Kits, but with a new baby at home my riding is few & far between at the moment. Drop me an email with your contact details though just in case the opportunity arises.

Nick

MrFarrellsSodasuite
    Free Member

Thanks everyone. NSride looks like a good idea. Burts, ygm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any Vancouverites wanna show a boy a good time?’ is closed to new replies.