Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any users of CATEYE EL530 Front light? mine is not working great?
  • zaskar
    Free Member

As title, I seem to have a bright beam where drivers can see me but I can't see bugger all on paths even though I've changed batteries etc.

(For commuting/road ride use only not off road!)

My rear LD1100 is super bright compared to it.

It only seems to work when it absolutley pitch black and the street lamps seem to make it super dim.

How's yours? is mine faulty or it just rubbish? thanks.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

I haven't had a problem with mine, although it's 2yrs old it hasn't been used that much really & it's still as good now as it was when i bought it.
    Although it's not brilliant to see the path itself though, compared to my home-made 12v halogen setup, i guess it's the colour & focus combined that's the prob.

Your lens isn't fogging up or owt, is it?

stumpyjon

I find mine very bright but very focused so really not great for illuminating much, certainly wouldn't want to ride off road with it. Can still see the spot on the ground in street lights although it is dimmed.

zaskar
    Free Member

I guess thats how it's meant to be. Dam.

I found my old LED thing from 2003 brighter-chucking both on for commuting.

Thanks for the info guys.

singletrackmind

They are fine for letting drivers see you. For riding off road at night forget it. A pair of Tesco AA's are better. Whack it on Ebay and by a torch with a P7 emitter, or the DX P7 bikelight.
    I did MM once with a pair, and got to ride in my own shadow for almost the entire lap.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any users of CATEYE EL530 Front light? mine is not working great?’ is closed to new replies.