Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Any Turner Sultan riders? Sizing advice
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Top tube/reach seems quite short for the given size but Turner website suggests a Large is right for 6 footer – was this in the day before short stems were in vogue?

leegee

a 2011 medium was too small for me at 6ft exactly, so I’d agree on the large

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Basically yes.

davosaurusrex

As long as your legs are long enough for the seat tube length I would still go for an XL. You can take this as unbiased opinion as I’m afraid the other fella bought mine earlier, sorry!

vondally
    Free Member

Had two sultan’s botj large at 6ft I would have preferred the extra large

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’ve just decided to sell mine.

davosaurusrex

Enjoying the extra reach and lighter weight of the XL carbon stumpjumper I’m riding now Scienceofficer , otherwise the Sultan pedals better with the DW link and back end is stiffer. If funds allowed I’d probably have a YT Jeffsy, stupid name and all. I’d love to see a carbon Sultan with updated geo just I wouldn’t be able to afford one!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Interesting to hear. Reach and lack of stiffness is why I’ve decided to shift, but then I’m 14st and cornering much harder than I used to.

Tested a Cotic Rocket max the other day. That was heaps stiffer and had loads of reach and although the suspension was very well refined, it was still a single pivot. I’m not entirely sure what the replacement is going to be, but it’s time.

slightreturn
    Free Member

Hey. I have a burner in size large. It’s perfect fit. Having also ridden the czar carbon in large.
    I would say large is spot on. I’m 6ft tall. Dw link works well.

davosaurusrex

SO – I’m sure there are stiffer bikes than the Sultan but I think the Stumpy back end is relatively flexy. I don’t mind a bit of swingarm flex though, I think it aids grip to a point. I don’t like flex in the wheels though, the LB carbons I have pretty much eliminate that

davosaurusrex

I have been looking at the Rocketmax as well (y’know, just pondering….) but the weight puts me off

nbt

Naranjada has a Turner and lives just down the road from you James, you might well be able to throw a leg over so you can try it for size. I’ll drop him a line…

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Thanks Jules – I’ve just met him!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Any Turner Sultan riders? Sizing advice’ is closed to new replies.