Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Trans-Savoie entrants??
  • mactheknife

I have been lucky enough to get a place on the Trans-Savoie this year, been looking at videos and the only thing i am not sure about is helmet choice. Is it worth bringing a full face for certain days or just go with my trusty POC trail lid??

Ta

darrenspink
    Free Member

Wish I was going. Just email/FB message etc, im sure they will advise you.

stim
    Free Member

Yes take a full face in addition to your normal helmet. I ride all the time on technical, exposed alpine singletrack in the alps with only a normal helmet and knee pads so thought it would not be a problem to do the same for the race. First day I crashed hard twice and then wore my full face for the rest of the week. Racing the trails as opposed to just riding them is a whole different kettle of fish. Try with the normal helmet on the first day and then see how you feel but I’m sure you will be glad of having the option of something safer.

mactheknife

Brilliant, thanks stim 😀

j3ffo
    Free Member

I wore open face for the first day too then switched to full face for the rest of the week. Didn’t regret it and wearing full face again this year. Take it off for the climbs – having a bag that you can carry it on is useful IMO as the climbs are long

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Trans-Savoie entrants??’ is closed to new replies.