Any trails round Aspull / Wigan???

Home Forum Bike Forum Any trails round Aspull / Wigan???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Any trails round Aspull / Wigan???
  • mtbtomo

Saw some guys on bikes near the Gerrard Arms in Aspull today. I know Rivi is only a few miles, but is there anything around here or Westhoughton way?

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

Borsdane Woods down the side of Gerrard Arms – can get through in about 10 mins though – leads to Hindley so can then head out to the old railway at the back of Hindley Green ( turn right at the lights at the Bethal its on the left near the Bus Stop ) which can lead out as far as Monton in Salford all off road.

Various farm tracks between Hindley and Westhoughton for gentle riding – all on the OS maps – and there’s always the canals etc

Obviously Rivi is near if you want more excitement

mtbtomo

Thanks Simmy, yep, used to live near Riv, now live in Aspull but I’ve been bone idle in finding any new off road.

The ride to Riv from Aspull is dull and on busy main roads, so was hoping to find something a bit more local.

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

Nothing like Rivi local round Aspull as I know off just farm tracks, old railways and canals.

I did a loop today going upto Blackrod, through to the canal, Haigh Hall then dropped over the fields back to Hindley

Nice chilled ride and I usually do it for an hour before work to get some calories burned but its pretty flat compared to Rivi so depends what you feel like doing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Any trails round Aspull / Wigan???’ is closed to new replies.