Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any trail / road closures at Afan?
  • scant
    Free Member

I’m ashamed to say I havent been to Afan in ages. Are all the trails opne, no road closures etc?
    Not that it makes much difference, but are the trails still dry?

jimster
    Free Member

AFAIK Penhydd is closed, should imagine the trails are little moist.

rkk01
    Free Member

Lower rail track link is closed between Pontrhydyfen and Afan car park. We had an annoying loop back around last time we were there

ETA Bits of Skyline are still closed (Handy Andy, Joyrider?) These bits seemed to have been closed for years…

scant
    Free Member

sorry, yeh I knew about Penhydd. thinking about it I’d wanna do at least the wall & whites level.. depending on how my poxy broken liddle toe holds up… maybe the last DH of skyline too.

snaps
    Free Member

rkk01 – which side of the valley is closed? Afan visitor center side (track below Afan lodge) or the other?
    scant – we’re thinking about doing Whites, Wall & the Whites climb/Skyline final decent on wednesday.

Edit – I supose if you stick to the Afan VC side you can always use the main road to get to Cymmer

rkk01
    Free Member

Closed between the VC and footbridge to Rhyslyn car park. We’d finished the Wall and planned to ride back to GC via Afan VC, but then had to double back and go up the other side of the valley.

Milkie
    Free Member

Afan Trail Closures

I’ll be there on Saturday doing W2. If you see a red n white kona with a guy taking photo’s, smile for the camera! 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any trail / road closures at Afan?’ is closed to new replies.