Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any tips on recovery after crashing? (Physically)
  • ryderredman
    Free Member

Those who don’t enjoy reading there’s a TL;DR at the bottom ;).

Crashees of STW, I too have fallen victim to my own confidence. I went for a ‘hit’ or maybe ‘hip’ jump, seems to be whoever I talk to calls it one or the other or I can’t hear anyone under my lid.

Now I don’t think I’ve ever had this much back pain, I’m only 22 my experience is lacking in this area.

All I can say is OUCH. The big long muscle which runs along the right of my spine (rhomboideus, looking at diagrams) kept me awake all night long.

For those who say go to the doctors, I’m open to the idea but I’m not sure what it is he could do? Apart from tell me I’ve hurt my back?

So has anyone got any tips on aiding my recovery? I’m hoping to race next weekend!

TL;DR: I came off my bike after attempting a jump, now my back (more specifically my rhomboideus) is giving me grief. Looking for tips to help recovery!

scaredypants

uh-oh, you’re in glupton territory 😉

how long ago did you do it – just yesterday ?

I’d say rest initially, assuming that there’s no numbness/loss of feeling/tingling anywhere

footflaps

Personally I’d see a GP after a back or neck injury, just in case you’ve done more damage than you think. If it is just muscular it will heal fairly quickly. I’d just take 400mg Ibuprofen 3x a day till it stops hurting. You could visit a physio, but you’d have to pay for that.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    glupton1976
    Free Member

Go see your GP. They’ll check you over to see that you’ve not done anything major and they might give you some painkillers.

thomthumb
    Free Member

eat well (balanced diet, vitamins, good quality protein).

it’s a hip.

my mate mistimed a hip – & hurt his back – turned out it was broken. so see a doc.

ianv
    Free Member

Is the muscle going into spasm, or does it just hurt?

If if just hurts: ibroprofen and maybe co codamol/paracetamol at night to help you sleep.

If it is spasming, see a doc as they will prescribe something like diazapam to help with this.

I am not a doctor

ryderredman
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I was thinking of the eat good sources of protein. Any excuse for more food.

Should I be sleeping on planks of wood or anything out of the ordinary?

It’s not spasming, yet! I did it yesterday and it ached as soon as I did it, then it’s even worse when I woke up.

glupton1976
    Free Member

There is a treetment that would work, that involves planks of wood, but it’s planks of African Blackwood hand formed by 20 adult virgin Bhudists from Mosside or nothing.

ryderredman
    Free Member

I’m not too far from Mosside 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any tips on recovery after crashing? (Physically)’ is closed to new replies.