Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any tips for setting up a hudl2 for a 9 year old to access & use?
  • qwerty
    Free Member

Ta

Stoner
    Free Member

Stoner Jr (8yr) uses my Nexus 7 unsupervised. I switch it to aeroplane mode and never allow google play to remember my password.

He just uses it for minecraft, chess and wordsearches for now.

The problem with google play is downloaded apps only go with accounts so you cant share a purchased app (say minecraft, bought on my account) with Jr unless you also buy it on his account.

stumpy01

I think the new Hudl2 has specific content control settings for kids.

See here:

http://home.bt.com/techgadgets/phonestablets/how-to-make-the-tesco-hudl-2-safe-for-your-child-11363939693782

eemy
    Free Member

I’ve tried to set a hudl2 up for my boys. All seems OK, have the pin set to access all functionality but without the pin they can only get in on their restricted settings. Also set up time limits for during the week and weekend use, which was pretty straight forward.

But I can’t work out how to restrict their access and still allow them to get into the Play store to download ‘appropriate’ games. If anyone knows how, I’d appreciate it.

DaveP

You can log in multiple accounts into play store and therefore share bought apps (my kids do it).

carbonfiend
    Free Member

All my kids got hudls never had problem with them doing or accessing anything they shouldn’t. Just turn it on let em play games. I would say the biggest single issue with a 9 yr old on a hudl is the charging port, I have had to repair/replace 3 now as they made of cheese and the kids just ram the charger in there when it needs more battery life.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any tips for setting up a hudl2 for a 9 year old to access & use?’ is closed to new replies.