Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Any tips for putting on tubeless tyres on bontrager rims?? HELP
  • swainey
    Free Member

just carnt get them on 👿 👿

thekingisdead
    Free Member

What tyres?

My Bonty Tyres went on the Bonty rims fairly easily – dont think I had to resort to the Intense DH levers (try them if you're having problems? Careful not to ding the rims though!!!)

flow
    Free Member

Stick em in the microwave, they go on really easy then.

swainey
    Free Member

you pulling my leg??

MarkN
    Free Member

I have Bonty rims and use std bonty and Maxis tyres and they go on okay. I guess you have tried some water/washing up liquid.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I also had no probs with Bonty tyres, they went on by hand. Maxxis tyres required a bit more aggression though! I used a long metal tyre lever and a whole tub of elbow grease accompanied with some foul language!

flow
    Free Member

No seriously. Do one at a time, nuke them for 1 minute, give them a stretch and put them on straight away. I bet you will be back on here in a minute thanking me for saving your time messing around with washing up liquid.

M6TTF
    Free Member

bonty tyres on bonty rims were a doddle for me – no levers needed

swainey
    Free Member

im trying to put tubeless recing ralph's on bonty race light tubeless rims

swainey
    Free Member

No seriously. Do one at a time, nuke them for 1 minute, give them a stretch and put them on straight away. I bet you will be back on here in a minute thanking me for saving your time messing around with washing up liquid.

what about the tyre sealant

flow
    Free Member

Quickly put that in after you have one side on.

swainey
    Free Member

ok will give it a try

crocodilian
    Free Member

Have you not got the Bonty valves with the removable core?

glenh
    Free Member

I think bonty tyres are really variable in terms of bead sizing. I've had some that were easy to put on by hand and others that were almost impossible even with metal tyre levers!

thekingisdead
    Free Member

I'd resort to putting the tyres in a bowl of hot water before i put them in the microwave! (and your wheel in the freezer! 😉

swainey
    Free Member

Have you not got the Bonty valves with the removable core?

yeah think so

swainey
    Free Member

nope that dont work

swainey
    Free Member

COME ON GUYS ANY MORE TIPS?? PLEASE

flow
    Free Member

Try 2 minutes. They need to get hot enough to be pliable. You will know when they are the right temp, they will slip on easily.

coatesy
    Free Member

Where on the rim are you starting from? If you start at the valve then you'll be struggling as it limits the amount of slack available at the opposite side, so start opposite the valve and work in both directions at the same time, working the tyre as far into the well in the centre of the rim as possible.When it gets tight, go back to the valve and start working it from there again, you may still need levers for the last bit, but I rarely find them necessary.

imp999
    Free Member

+1 for finishing the tyre on rim at the valve.
    Make sure you get the bead into the rim's well as it goes on.
    Also leave the tyre in the sun to warm up.

I had a second hand ACX that I bust the bead on trying to get it on my bonty rims so there is some variation. I'm usually good with tyres on rims.

Lactic
    Free Member

Have you got any other wheels? Leaving the tyre on a non-ust rim, with a tube, at 60 psi and in the sun will loosen the bead up a bit.

flow
    Free Member

😆 I can't believe I talked you into putting your tyre in the microwave 😆

swainey
    Free Member

yeah 😆 and it dont work

JimSu
    Free Member

Same problem on my new trek Fuel. Broke several tyre levers and eventually got them on with some steel core levers and soap. Put sealant in via removable valve core. Having been on for a while they are a bit easier now. I think the conversion strip uses up some of the already little space in the well of the wheel. Still not keen on having to change on the trail so finished a race recently on a totally flat front after a slash too big for latex to seal.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Any tips for putting on tubeless tyres on bontrager rims?? HELP’ is closed to new replies.