Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • any tips for cheeky ridng around cwm carn please?
  • bobbyspangles

will be camping there on friday and fancied exploring a little. Does anyone have any pointers for trails that are not man made?
    yEs i know i could buy an OS but that what the internet/forums are for, so all advice greatly recieved.
    thanks.

lcj

Have a word with Daryl the uplift man. He pointed us in the direction of a raft of trails on and around the Cwm Carn hill, and was happy to share info. Last time I went some had been blocked by the FC, but there were several steep DH runs down into Risca that were still open. It's a bit of a slog back to the top of the hill mind, but that's what Daryl's for 8)

xc-steve
    Free Member

I've got a little rout in the area saved for google maps, tis a good starting point at least with one hell of a decent! Give us an email and I'll hook you up!

LoCo
    Free Member

Most of the cheeky dh has been blocked by the forestry commision. There's a good loop over Machen mountain bringing you back down to the Sirhowy visitor centre. Also further up the Wattsville and Wylie valley.
    I would offer to show you round but I'm at Llangollen DH at the weekend.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘any tips for cheeky ridng around cwm carn please?’ is closed to new replies.