Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any tips for a good value road wheelset?
  • ibnchris

Think my current set are knackered but can’t afford more than about £150 for a new set. Anyone gor any hot tips for a bargain set. Happy to be flogged a secondhand pair too if you’ve got somethIng in good nick 😉

40mpg

Magic aksium or Shimano rs1 no frills fairly robust and work. At that price point you don’t have too many choices.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Superstar Components have another wheel sale on until the end of May, 33% off. Makes Volta Evos ~£170, for example.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Check out Campagnolo Khamsin cx (or the twin sister Fulcrum Racing 7 LG if you want a slightly wider rim). Decent wheels for the price, should be well under your budget at wiggle etc

mcj78
    Free Member

I’d go for the Fulcrum 7 / Campy alternative too, have a set of the new-ish 7’s with the wider rim & they roll really nicely – actually prefer them to the mid-range Shimano ones I also have that have been lying in the corner of the lbs awaiting a spoke for the last few weeks.

Oh, for reference the only difference in the CX models is better sealing on the bearings, sometimes one is £20 cheaper than the other for some reason – keep an eye out if you decide on those.

globalti
    Free Member

I have got an old-fashioned set of wheels hanging in the garage that I plan to ebay when I get a round to-it. They came on a bike we bought for Mrs Gti and look almost unused, the trouble is that they are unpainted alloy with a slightly aero shape from before aero became fashionable. They’d be great if you just wanted something for commuting though. PM me if interested and this evening I’ll send some pictures. Oh and they are probably only 7 or 8 speed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any tips for a good value road wheelset?’ is closed to new replies.