Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Any tips for a four week intensive mtb training programme?
  • ibnchris

I’m being put on a month’s gardening leave in jan so thought I’d try and use it to get fit (as well as sort out the list of jobs around the house my fiancée has already started putting together).

So anyone know of any good plans? Reckon I can probably find up to three to four hours a day to ride

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Make it into a 16 week plan if you want to notice a difference. 4 weeks to kickstart things would be good. No idea what you’ve been doing so it’s impossible to suggest the ideal plan

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Unless you’ve been doing 20 hours or near a week on the bike then I’ll bet you’ll be knackered by day 5/6

Just use the free time to start building a decent base, road bike makes it easier

br
    Free Member

Reckon I can probably find up to three to four hours a day to ride

Only go out every other day for 6-8 hours?

ibnchris

My base fitness is pretty good, but probably only do about 6 hours a week at the mo with about an hour of swimming a week as well. Reckon I can easily handle a few hours a day but 8’hour sessions will be tough with all the choring I’ve been set!

llama

Time crunched cyclist

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Any tips for a four week intensive mtb training programme?’ is closed to new replies.