Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Any tilers in the house?
  • Rik
    Free Member

Hope there might be.

Always done floor and walk tiles myself in the various houses I’ve owned, but this time I just don’t have time.

I’ve bought 15sqm of limestone flooring/adhesive/floor sealant and want it laying on a new build concrete which is level.

I have know idea how much it will cost for a tiler to do (just asking round mates in Sheffield for a reputable tiler).

Any advice over typical costs in advance would be great?

wrightyson
    Free Member

£35 to £40 sq/m

Rik
    Free Member

£35 to £40 sq/m

That’s with all materials provided, and just the cost for laying, cutting, finishing?

poolman
    Free Member

No idea on price but make sure you specify before where you want the cuts, spacer size etc. I thought it was obvious, but not to the tiler.

wrightyson
    Free Member

£35 to £40 sq/m

That’s with all materials provided, and just the cost for laying, cutting, finishing?

We’re paying 30 sq/m for simple 200×100 brick tiles on nice new flat walls in easy big bathrooms at the minute so I’d expect you’ll be around the price I suggested. It is at least 2 days work to be fair with sealing and grouping, but 2 days good money none the less…

Rik
    Free Member

Cheers Wrightyson, sounds like a good benchmark

bigfoot
    Free Member

i never work on a sq/m price, always hourly rate. but most jobs work out roughly as above. it does depend on the job and how much cutting is involed especially with nateral stone tiles as the cutting takes longer.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I tile for a living and would ONLY work on a m2 price.

£35-£40/m2 +VAT is the right number, more like £40 with natural stone tbh as it needs sealing and the cutting process is slower/messier. I’d include adhesive and grout for that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Any tilers in the house?’ is closed to new replies.