Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any Thudbuster ST/LT users out there?
  • shedbrewed
    Free Member

Or anyone care to talk about their experiences with other cushioned seat posts?
    I’m not looking for faux rear suspension, but something to take the knocks out of the saddle to help my back on the HT and possibly road bike.

djflexure

I have used the LT for a couple of years. I like it. Stops you getting kicked in the arse so much when pedaling over mildly uneven ground. You can also keep cadence going a bit more smoothly.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

What bike was that on please?

I love my LT. Perfect for the winter HT once you get used to the fact that it moves back under compression and makes you feel the headtube has detached from the frame.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

I’ve been using mine for about 14 years now, it’s awesome effective and reliable – no signs of slop or wear yet. Was first on a Compo then on my Tinbred, where it still is.

djflexure

It’s on an inbred ss now
    Was on an Enigma previously

thegnarlycenturion
    Free Member

Interesting.. Am considering one for bikepacking. Will watch this thread with interest 😀

GregMay
    Free Member

I have ST one on my Fargo, quite like it as it does make it an even more comfortable bike. The weight penalty attached to it makes me wince though.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies so far.

@GregMay
    ; could just have a poo beforehand, should even the weight up to a normal post 🙂

For those that are using them regularly, do you have a neoprene cover on it or leave it to the elements? Are the covers necessary?

Basil

LT on Fargo.
    Don’t have a cover so I have to clean the grit out or it squeaks.
    When all day ,day after day it really helps the comfort. Found when on cycle hols you really got to love your bum.
    Would like to try the ST.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any Thudbuster ST/LT users out there?’ is closed to new replies.