Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Any Therapy? fans on the forum?
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

It’s the 20th anniversary of the release of Troublegum today.

Damn, I feel old!

But damn, it’s still good.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZf3VdZinXA[/video]

piemonster

Ahhhh, those where the days

Stoner
    Free Member

what a great album that was. 20yrs you say? 🙁

16stonepig
    Free Member

Ah, that’ll be why BBCR6 woke me up with Screamager at 7:15 today. It was a good morning.

kimbers

yeah I heard that too, made the wife turn it up!

xxx

ourmaninthenorth

Troublegum? Sell out album. 😉 Babyteeth and Pleasure Death FTW.

Great band. Only saw them a couple of times (in ’92 IIRC). Which makes me feel very old.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’m bitter.
    I’m twisted.
    James Joyce is….

footflaps

Great album!

Amazed it’s 20 years old…

bearnecessities

Going Nowhere.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Inchoate Angst. Where’s it all gone, eh?

shermer75
    Free Member

In my sleep I grind my teeth

ourmaninthenorth

I’m bitter.
    I’m twisted.
    James Joyce is….

Master on duty in the my house at school wanders into my study and says “Did he just say what I think he did?”.

“Depends on your view of Joyce, sir.”

“Good point.”

shermer75
    Free Member

Didn’t the drummer wear a dress? Or was that another band?

Northwind

Earth Vs The Wildhearts is 20 years old too. These things are designed to make you feel old. And Andy Cairns is getting younger!

I should do something to celebrate the 6th of June this year- 20 years since sitting in the garden listening to Monsters of Rock on Radio 1 and having my mind blown. Keelar reeeeefs!

Jamie
    Free Member

I still have the Shortsharpshock EP in a fag packet release format somewhere…

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Troublegum? Sell out album.

😆

I still have the Shortsharpshock EP in a fag packet release format somewhere…

Oh wow. I have Hats Off to the Insane on CD, but that’s probably as rare as it gets. Also had it on tape, but left it with a girl at Loyola Uni in Chicago. 😕

footflaps

Having just watched that video, it has aged really well!

razorrazoo

gravity-slave – Member
    I’m bitter.
    I’m twisted.
    James Joyce is….

Great memories of Reading Festival ’94 with the crowd going mental to this.

Troublegum is one of my favourite albums of all time.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Ah, that’ll be why BBCR6 woke me up with Screamager at 7:15 today.

Me too!!

Saw them for the first time at the Feile festival in Tipperary- must have been around ’92 I guess… the same year Primal Scream headlined playing the whole of Screamadelica.

They’d just released Pleasure Death… cue a hurling stadium full of drunken Irish folk chanting “I’m bitter, I’m twisted, James Joyce is XXXXXXX my sister…” At the top of their voices. They were awesome. Fyfe’s drumming in particular was incredible…

Saw them several times over the next couple of years including one particularly memorable triple-header with Silverfish and Gallon Drunk in Bristol when I almost bust my nose doing a stage dive!

Ah..heady days… 🙂

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Didn’t the drummer wear a dress? Or was that another band?

Vaguely recall that.

Fyfe Ewing – epic drummer.

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t say it’s something I’d bother listening to these days (aged badly IMO), but what a great sleeve

razorrazoo

DezB – Member
    Can’t say it’s something I’d bother listening to these days (aged badly IMO), but what a great sleeve

Had that pic on the obligatory band t-shirt.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Didn’t they have a new album out last year?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

aged badly IMO

Really?

I think some of their later stuff has, but certain tracks / albums (Troublegum being one) have held up really well.

Didn’t they have a new album out last year?

Yeap – A Brief Crack of Light. Wasn’t too hot, IMHO. The preceding Crooked Timber from 2009 is well worth hunting down though.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg64dOPHeEc[/video]

I’m somwhere in that crowd. Only feels like it was a few years ago, not 19 😯 🙁

verses

Big fan here.

Saw Andy do an acoustic set last year and saw the band a year or so back on the Crooked Timber tour.

Got into them after a mate had his Discman repaired and it came back with that CD in it 🙂

Back in the mid-late 90s I was on a Therapy? fans emailing list and some random person made and posted me a mix tape of obscure Therapy? tracks, I still have it. Wish I knew who it was…

DezB
    Free Member

Really?

Yep, power chords just don’t do anything for me these days. Heard that sound too many times.

kimbers

Hey I was there at monsters of rock!

Metallica
    Therapy?
    Skid Row
    Slayer
    Slash’s Snakepit
    White Zombie
    Machine Head
    Warrior Soul
    Corrosion of Conformity

🙂

BlindMelon
    Free Member

My first gig was Therapy?, Ash and Joyrider at the Ulster Hall in Belfast in 1995.

They were awesome. The highlight was Alternative Ulster where they were joined by Ricky Warwick from the Almighty.

teethgrinder

My username is relevant.
    Listening to Troublegum at the min.

Gutted there’s no tour date in Newcastle this time.

frogstomp

Always thought they lost their ‘edge’ a bit when he left – very distinctive style.

My first gig was Therapy?, Ash and Joyrider at the Ulster Hall in Belfast in 1995.

Remember seeing them on that tour at Portsmouth (or was it Southampton?) and with Skunk Anansie on a subsequent tour. 8)

ourmaninthenorth

Saw them several times over the next couple of years including one particularly memorable triple-header with Silverfish and Gallon Drunk in Bristol when I almost bust my nose doing a stage dive!

Same tour, but at the Northampton Roadmender’s Club. Silverfish arrived on stage to the crowd chanting “You fat b……!” Then Ms Rankine let rip. 😀

murf
    Free Member

A great album, I got a copy from my sister when she went all pop!
    Off to listen to it now….

Jamie
    Free Member

We’re all old 🙁

teethgrinder

Act the age you feel, not the age you are.

senorj

Ah, that’ll be why BBCR6 woke me up with Screamager at 7:15 today.

Me too!![/quote]

& me…I introduced L’il J to pogoing this morning ( more like dad dancing tbh) 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

😀

Marmoset
    Free Member

I remember seeing them at Birmingham student union, no need to bounce around as the floor was moving so much it did it for you….

stumpy01

kimbers – Member
    Hey I was there at monsters of rock!

Metallica
    Therapy?
    Skid Row
    Slayer
    Slash’s Snakepit
    White Zombie
    Machine Head
    Warrior Soul
    Corrosion of Conformity

Ooooh, I think I was there too. ’95? I think it was supposed to be Korn instead of Therapy?, but Korn pulled out last minute (I think one of their wives was having a sprog).

Earth Vs and Troublegum were probably two of my most played albums. Along with The Almighty – Powertrippin’, Pearl Jam – Ten & Corrsion of Conformity – Deliverance…..!

Happy days!

BlindMelon
    Free Member

For fans of Troublegum check out the Joyrider album Be Special. They were originally signed to Cairns’ label.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Any Therapy? fans on the forum?’ is closed to new replies.