Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Testers in?
  • scratch
    Free Member

3rd year racing on the road, was never to keen on TT’s as I prefer the argey-bargey of the bunch, club mate convinced me to do a 10 a couple of weeks ago.

I kinda like it!

Suits me better as truth be known I’m a bloody terrible sprinter.

Felt with the 10 you could get away with going all out for the distance without blowing up, did my first 30 on Sunday on a lumpy West Wales course, I thought I’d end up limping back on this but somehow managed to keep it together. Both done on a standard road bike, without clip-ons.

Really nice tea and cakes atmosphere, very friendly, and man alive you get schooled by some old folk!

What’s your times!?

Brynea West Wales 10 – 25.04 (gutted not to be under 25!)
    Brynea West Wales 30 – 1.15 – pretty happy with that

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

In my second season of tt’ing, did a 10 pb of 23.10 on Saturday. Current 25 pb is 1.03.30, but i’m doing another on Saturday so hopefully it’ll be another pb. All done on fixed mind, 53×14 at the moment.

andybloomer
    Free Member

I used to ride fixed, 25 years worth of it before getting scared of increasing traffic and getting off road.

I used 56 x 14 on drag strips

Happier / less scared throwing myself down a hill side than riding I traffic these days

trail_rat
    Free Member

59.30 for 25 on glamis – couper angus – after an old salt said no body gets sub hour for their first 25…..

22.10 for 10 on the meigle – couper angus

Both on roadies with clip ons

Got a tt bike now……. Havnt had the legs for the last couple seasons but seem to be finding them again did a hill triathlon yesterday……35 for a 12 hilly as hell miles for one of the top bike legs and stravas helping me get em back too

Might see whts going on locally tt wise.

scaredypants

no body gets sub 25 for their first 25

I’ll stand by that, unless it’s down Alpe D’huez or something

trail_rat
    Free Member

No idea what your aboot scaredy pants 😉

scratch
    Free Member

Got my first 25 on Sunday, another early start.

A couple of folk have said, you’d be quicker on a tt bike, bah, I’m just holding off the new CX race bike urge, never mind a tt bike, it would be faster mind…

starrman82
    Free Member

work of the devil..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Testers in?’ is closed to new replies.