Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Any Techies in the house? New PC monitor USB issue…
  • badgerbater
    Free Member

Finally upgraded to a new LCD monitor and one of the selling points was the fact that the monitor has USB ports for plugging in the keyboard and mouse. The monitor works fine via the HDMI lead and keyboard and mouse plugged into the PC, but when I try and plug the mouse and/or keyboard into the USB ports on the monitor they do not plug and play! Any ideas?; I’ve tried to Google but cannot resolve my issue. Hopefully the great minds of Singletrack will have the answers…

tinribz
    Free Member

It’s just a usb hub, you need to plug the monitor in to a usb port too? Or could be a usb monitor port?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yep, normally there will be a USB B socket on the monitor (like a printer one)

and you need to connect the 2 up with another cable. (Hate to say it but were there any instructions?)
    Whats the monitor model?

Cougar

Exactly that. You’ll need to supply a USB feed from the PC to the monitor, then the monitor acts as a hub.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Singletrack massive come to the rescue again! Many thanks all, I even downloaded the PDF instructions, but nothing mentioned plugging in a feed from the PC, doh! The monitor is an Asus, otherwise I’m pleased with the upgrade from an old CRT monitor on it’s last legs.
    Thanks all…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Any Techies in the house? New PC monitor USB issue…’ is closed to new replies.