Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Any swimmers/triathletes about?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

recently got back into swimming (again) and the pullbouy is chafeing between my knees.

Can’t swim without one as my kees are too feked for any usefull kicking at the momemnt. Remember seeing somewhere shorts with bouyancy sewn into them, so like a pullbouy but without the chafeing problem. What’r they called and where can i get some?

And decathlon did/do a rubber band to hold your legs together and stop you kicking, anywhere do anythig similar mail order or do i have to make a trip to Sheffield this wekeend?

ebygomm
    Free Member

recently got back into swimming (again) and the pullbouy is chafeing between my knees.

Between your knees?
    The pullbuoy shouldn’t be anywhere near your knees

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

its a failry big one, one of these, if i place it bwtween my thighs it goes down about as far as the top of where the VMO muscle bulges, which is where it chafes, so not exacly the knees.

Thinking about i might buy a more conventional one and use them on alternate days. Quite like this one though as it doest feel like its dragging as much as other ones so I can keep up in the fast lane.

trail_rat
    Free Member

knees not really involved in swimming is it ?

my kick comes from the hip as thats how i was taught …minimal knee movement , probably more pressure on the knee trying to hold the pool buoy in ?

ebygomm
    Free Member

its a failry big one, one of these,

Should there be a link in there?

If it’s one like this then I’d def recommend trying a ‘normal’ one

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

sorry, this one, so similar.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

will give kicking from the hip a go an get a smaller pullbouy see if either makes a difference.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Any swimmers/triathletes about?’ is closed to new replies.