Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Any swimmers here ?
  • damo2576
    Free Member

Really you need some acceleromters on each arm and leg tracking movement relative to some point so you can see your own movement on some app.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

Try the breathing thing, you might find
    works.

Erm, not really recommended, see earlier posts re: exhalation.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Do tell. I was looking at the pebble watch and its hardware isn’t too dissimilar to the garmin swim and its apparently waterproof. Fairly certain you could use the acelerometers in the pebble to duplicate the garmin swim.

Yeah, pretty trivial to acquire that data. Would only be one arm, same as garmin/swimovate, and not much else useful you can get from it.

If you paired it with a body worn smartphone, then you’d have a seriously large amount of information.

I’m looking at using accelerometer, gyro and magnetic field sensors in parallel, which gives you a whole lot more information than just an accelerometer. Can’t say too much more yet as to how much information, as I’m currently fighting graphs and algorithms to work out what we can get out, but it allows a lot richer analysis than current systems, and potentially allows much of the data to be used for real-time feedback. Currently runs as a smartphone app in a body mounted waterproof case (total cost even of this basic prototype is less than a 910xt!).

damo2576
    Free Member

Joe – just emailed you, might be able to help you

geologist
    Free Member

Mmmm not sure about taking my phone underwater ! I know some people do, but a vast amount wouldn’t .
    Sounds interesting though , as you said, swimming technology is there, but not great at the minute for us mortals 😉

Clong
    Free Member

Cool, i’d offer to help out with some pool time, but i guess there’l be no shortage offers from other swimmers. I generally know when i swimming fast by feel, but i love having data to back it up.

I have a waterproof android if that’s any help?

andyfb78
    Free Member

Highly recommend swimtherapy near leicester, two sessions there took my 400 from 830 to 730, no fitness changes.
    Matt i think was the coach. ace ace, wish there was something similar in scotland, i’d only need 6 more sessions…… 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Any swimmers here ?’ is closed to new replies.