Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Any surgeons? What have I just bought?
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Got this very cheap, and I think it’ll be very handy for some bike building operations, but the only references I can find are to a very different kind of operation – is this a device for bending bars used in surgery?

It’s certainly very nicely made…

midlifecrashes

BANKS-DERVIN ROD
    For scoliosis fixation; a multiple level rod that is fixed with oblique spinous process to contralateral lamina screws.

I think my niece has a bunch of these now she’s had her untwisting op. She’s several inches taller which is good, too.

project
    Free Member

Looks like a bar/pipe bender , bar or pipe goes across anvils and anvil former applys pressure via handle

Stevet1
    Free Member

finger bending torture device.

DrP

It was used for a Captain James Hook, in the prosthetic formation after an unfortunate accident with a crocodile.
    I think.

DrP

ratherbeintobago

I’d have said it was some sort of plate bender for use in trauma, but midlifecrashes has it on the head, I think.

If memory serves, Mrs FunkyDunc is a ‘pod so she would be able to confirm (in between hitting things with a hammer, and struggling to name antibiotics that aren’t teic and gent).

DrP

I like the dried blood still on it!

DrP

bencooper
    Free Member

I like the dried blood still on it!

There was a lot more before I cleaned it up! Though it’s red wax or paint or something, disappointingly.

Looks like a bar/pipe bender , bar or pipe goes across anvils and anvil former applys pressure via handle

Yup, it does that nicely – I’m also thinking with a change of formers it’ll be good for indenting tubes.

DrP

Actually, it’s for correcting Peyronie’s disease – small size..

DrP

Cougar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Any surgeons? What have I just bought?’ is closed to new replies.